2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed a Gracenote update is now available on the Mazda Handsfree site.

[EDIT 2014-03-07 15:43]
The file you can download is named gracenotes-na-2014-02-07.up and is a zip archive protected by a password.

[EDIT 2014-03-07 18:34]
I put the file on the root of a USB stick and tried to update from the config screen. It said "no update found". I am (still) on Infotainment v20.00.007 Music data base 00.00.012. Ah well, maybe an IFS upgrade at the dealer would make it recognize the file?

[EDIT 2014-03-08 08:11]
As suggested below by fw_fw I tried with that only file on the USB stick. In my case, to no avail.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just noticed a Gracenote update is now available on the Mazda Handsfree site.

[EDIT 2014-03-07 15:43]
The file you can download is named gracenotes-na-2014-02-07.up and is a zip archive protected by a password.

[EDIT 2014-03-07 18:34]
I put the file on the root of a USB stick and tried to update from the config screen. It said "no update found". I am (still) on Infotainment v20.00.007 Music data base 00.00.012. Ah well, maybe an IFS upgrade at the dealer would make it recognize the file?
I had the same issue. Emptied the USB stick so the only file in the root directory was the grace notes update and then it started working....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue. Emptied the USB stick so the only file in the root directory was the grace notes update and then it started working....
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried on 2 different USB sticks, newly formatted, placing only the update file on the root. Still said "no update found".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ah-ah, I noticed today that the "Please check back soon" message reappeared on the Handsfree site. The update I downloaded yesterday is not well cooked I guess ...To be continued.

[EDIT 2014-03-08 10:50]
Though I retrieved from my URL history the link that I was redirected to for downloading : https://s3.amazonaws.com/JCI/public-gracenote/gracenotes-na-2014-02-07.up I am unsure about reliability given the Handsfree page doesn't serve it anymore.

[EDIT 2014-03-08 10:52]
Interestingly, there also is a working link at https://s3.amazonaws.com/JCI/public-gracenote/gracenotes-eu-2014-02-07.up which I presume is for the europe (the former na being presumably for north america)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone else having problems with this? I saved the .up file onto the root directory of my USB stick and when I try to search for an update it says "no update found."

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anyone else having problems with this? I saved the .up file onto the root directory of my USB stick and when I try to search for an update it says "no update found."
What is the partition name on use USB say. Untitled? I have not tried it yet, but sometimes u have to name the USB.

ALSO MAKE SURE ITS FORMATTED FAT32 , format the USB again and reload. And use a larger USB too can help

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here, see OP. I theorized it is because I have IFS v20.00.007 where the update module might be missing or is incapable to correctly identify the .up

What is the partition name on use USB say. Untitled? I have not tried it yet, but sometimes u have to name the USB.

ALSO MAKE SURE ITS FORMATTED FAT32 , format the USB again and reload. And use a larger USB too can help
I FAT32 formatted two different USBs / with and without label / only the single .up in root : still had the problem.

Can this not be download directly by the IFS over wi-fi?
No. It must be done from USB.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Same here, see OP. I theorized it is because I have IFS v20.00.007 where the update module might be missing or is incapable to correctly identify the .up

I FAT32 formatted two different USBs / with and without label / only the single .up in root : still had the problem.

No. It must be done from USB.
It says u need extra space too on the USB. I will let us know Monday when I do mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The partition is named "Titan" and I reformatted it after it didn't work the first time to see if perhaps that was the issue. The USB has 32 GB of space and the gracenote update file is the only file on that USB.

Interesting theory as I too also have that version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have OS version 27.00.000 fitted and I downloaded the EU version of the Gracenote update, as linked in an earlier post.
  1. I then clean formatted a 8Gb USB stick using FAT32 and no label name.
  2. I then copied the download file on to the stick. Make sure the file name is correct. Mine was gracenotes-eu-2014-02-07.up (THE .up EXTENSION APPEARS TO BE CRITICAL)
  3. Fitted the stick to the car and switched the engine on.
  4. Used Settings section to find updates.
  5. Let the car search for the file which it found.
  6. Then accepted the update. DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE CAR ENGINE.
  7. Then wait, and wait and wait and ..... you get the drift. It took about 10 minutes and for a lot of this time the update bar did not move.
Eventually it rebooted and everything now appears to have worked correctly.
Hopefully this will help some people with their updates.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have OS version 27.00.000 fitted and I downloaded the EU version of the Gracenote update, as linked in an earlier post.
  1. I then clean formatted a 8Gb USB stick using FAT32 and no label name.
  2. I then copied the download file on to the stick. Make sure the file name is correct. Mine was gracenotes-eu-2014-02-07.up (THE .up EXTENSION APPEARS TO BE CRITICAL)
  3. Fitted the stick to the car and switched the engine on.
  4. Used Settings section to find updates.
  5. Let the car search for the file which it found.
  6. Then accepted the update. DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE CAR ENGINE.
  7. Then wait, and wait and wait and ..... you get the drift. It took about 10 minutes and for a lot of this time the update bar did not move.
Eventually it rebooted and everything now appears to have worked correctly.
Hopefully this will help some people with their updates.
Thanks, are u saying that the car has to be running. If so, what about drive and update at the same time.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts