2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to update my M3H 2020 USA Gracenote database last night and I'm confused about what is going on. The official USA Mazda site has Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up. From what I saw online the ADR in the name stands for Australian Design Rules meant for Australia and other countries in South East Asia. Why is this file here in the US website? I believe I need the NA version which stands for North America. It goes without saying the update failed right away after clicking on 'Update' with "Unable to update Gracenote Database". There was no Search functionality displayed as described in the directions at the same Mazda website: https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/files/Mazda_GracenoteUpdateProcess_2015.pdf
This process file seems to be dated 2015.

In the 2014-2018 forums people are talking about version 7,8,9. But when I displayed the database version in my car it shows version 1.1.1.01683.

1 - Has perhaps the Gracenote database changed so much for the 2020 (2019 also?) model that it doesn't look and work like the previous years and cannot be updated with the currently known procedure?
2 - Has anybody successfully update the Gn DB? What process did you use? What Update (.up) file should be used for USA?

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Isn't there an option to update GraceNote through the HUD system tab under settings? Why download it manually?
CK

·
Registered
140 Posts
Isn't there an option to update GraceNote through the HUD system tab under settings? Why download it manually?
CK
No telematics in our vehicles. Maybe there will be a way to retrofit the 3's with a modem when the cx-30 comes out next year.
I assume we have to load the database update onto a flash drive and plug in into the usb port in order for the HUD to update from it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Thank you. That button is for doing exactly what you listed. It reads the usb ports and looks for updates.
CK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts