2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sorry if someone previously posted a topic like this.

I recently noticed a new Gracenote Database is available for download from Mazda. I installed it last night, and while I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, this morning when playing songs from 2 different USB drives, I was seeing artwork I never saw previously with other Gracenote databases and the artwork was loading consistently when I changed tracks.

The direct link for people in North America to download Gracenote 3.00 is: https://s3.amazonaws.com/JCI/public-gracenote/cmu-gracenote-na-2014-08-25.up

That link can also be found here: Mazda Infotainment

Instructions can be found here: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/files/Mazda_GracenoteUpdateProcess.pdf

I believe that previously, the most recent Gracenote Database available was version 2.00. I think that version 2.00 also got installed automatically when version 31.00.100 of the infotainment system was installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up my vehicle last week and it came with ver 31 Gracenote 2.0. I did not try any USBs prior to upgrading to Gracenote 3.0 a day later. All artwork is showing up perfectly with 3.0.

·
Registered
4 Posts
V31 gracenote issue

Hi, has anyone tried updating gracenote 3.0 with v31 of the infotainment system? I am having zero luck. I have a 4gb with the file.up in it only. even reformatted my usb to FAT and still no luck. It keeps saying the search operation failed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, has anyone tried updating gracenote 3.0 with v31 of the infotainment system? I am having zero luck. I have a 4gb with the file.up in it only. even reformatted my usb to FAT and still no luck. It keeps saying the search operation failed.
I have v31 and have upgraded gracenote to 3.0 with no issues

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wanted to share what dragon66_61 posted here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/72714-infotainment-version-33-00-500a-available-usa-2.html#post1032602

If you first update your Gracenote database to version 3.00, and then update your Infotainment system to version 33.00.500, that the Gracenote Database will revert back to version 2.00, so you will have to reinstall version 3.00 again.

Gracenote version 3.00 corrupted most of my albums artwork and put special characters in some of the titles of their names, v 2.0 works for me. I may hold off. (possible it was a bad update).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gracenote version 3.00 corrupted most of my albums artwork and put special characters in some of the titles of their names, v 2.0 works for me. I may hold off. (possible it was a bad update).
I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think that the corrupted artwork is caused by gracenotes, I have mine updated now to V3 and don't have any issues, not did I with V2. The only time that I did have garbled artwork was while i was testing out different USB sticks. The stick that gave me issues was a Lexar, but now that I'm using my Kingston I never have problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have v31 and have upgraded gracenote to 3.0 with no issues
Did you download the file via Mac or PC? I have a mac, downloaded the file (made sure it was .up) transferred it to my USB (only file on the drive). Tried to install it and when I hit search it said "search operation failed". Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you download the file via Mac or PC? I have a mac, downloaded the file (made sure it was .up) transferred it to my USB (only file on the drive). Tried to install it and when I hit search it said "search operation failed". Any ideas?
I did exactly the same with no issues. I used a 2 GB USB stick I got for free at a trade show, so it is a very cheap one. It was formatted as FAT.

Try another USB stick, I've had a few not being recognized properly in Linux before.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was previously using V27 with no issues with album artwork. But today, I updated my system to V31 and the album artwork was corrupted, so I updated Gracenotes to V 3.0 and the album artwork is still corrupted. I am using an iphone with a usb to listen to music. I guess V33 fixes this issue. Can anyone confirm that the album artwork works with an android phone connect with a usb on V31?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts