2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got tuned today at Cobb SoCal by Tim Bailey.

Baseline:
261 HP/ 297 Ft-Lbs running OTS map: Stage2+CS+TIH+IC 91 ver. 2.10

Tuned:
281 HP / 326 Ft-Lbs @ 17psi
276 HP / 307 Ft-Lbs @ 15psi

COBB AP + Tim Bailey Protune
Corksport SRI/TIP, TMIC, CBE, CAB,
CP-e HPFP, DP, Denso ITV22s,
Forge BPV v1 (Blue Spring + 2 shims)

A big thanks goes out to My Spoon is Too Big for helping me put this together and to Amanda for letting me mess up her garage. Smiley face. Right Thumb. High five.

·
USMC
176 Posts
Nice man! Looks good on those shoes. I might be payin Cobb a visit pretty soon here.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Those are pretty nice hp/tq numbers considering it's summer and you still have the primary cat. Cobb does nice work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i know this is old, but these numbers are so similar to mine, i just dont have the colder spark plugs, which i need to get asap.

Mods are in sig, and I did 280whp and 325 tq, glad to see someone else with similar mods getting the same power, and our power band is very similar as well, with a nice decline haha at 5200rpm

not sure how the mustang converts over to Dyno Dynamics though

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

Numbers between Dynos are always different. I don't think there will ever be a consistent reading.

I Dyno'ed on a dyna-pack with just an CS SRI, OEM tune, got about 270hp on it. So I take numbers with a grain a salt. A good power curve if the most important thing to take away from a dyno.

·
472rwhp/500rwtq
32 Posts
When looking at dyno #s it's the deltas over stock that are important. A 20whp gain is still 20whp regardless of if your local dyno puts a stock car at 250whp or 270whp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts