36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.. and i LOVE it :)
i have the 2010 mazda3 itouring in graphite mica

currently working on:

intake - think im going to go with corksport sri in black
leds in headlights and tail lights
and the ones under the dash.
fog lights - deciding where to buy from ->ideas?

already done:

tint
powder coated the wheels black
interior leds
sunroof
hid kit
paint engine cover and dipstick

there are still tons of things i want to do!
and suggestions or comments are appreciated :)

[/IMG]

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Sweet looking......love the rims. Are those your stocks? They don't look like them......but they look great anyway!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! yeah they are definately stocks lol ill get some new ones in a few months when i find the ones i want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice car and welcome to the forum there is a lot of info on our cars here with a lot of knowledgeable people... imo i would switch the wing you have now for the other style then your car would be hot!
anyways welcome:yes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt know there was another one! plus i didnt want this wing really in the first place, but they said they couldnt take it off without the holes showing. :( i hate dealing with dealers! But thanks for the info ill have to look into the other wing.
and thank you!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Looks good, I like the wing on the back!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you everyone! slowly working on some mods -- im just not very good at it lol

can anyone tell me or lead me to where i would find all the part numbers for the exterior lights? i am trying to switch everything to LED. thanks in advance :)

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
thank you! yeah they are definately stocks lol ill get some new ones in a few months when i find the ones i want.

Will you be interested in selling the powder-coated stockers at that time ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i get my new ones yeah! i got a really good deal on them and getting 3 other cars done. i love the look and they are in perfect condition :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks! lip style is nice, but the dealer didnt have that one available in the model and color that i wanted.. i guess i was too impatient to wait. lol thought the lip spoiler was a little naked on the truck.. but i think either way they are WAYYYY over priced ):

off topic..
looking at pictures of my car i think i want to paint my calipers... anyone know any good places to order?
it sounds soo girly and clique (sp) but i reallllly wanna do pink accents.. i think it would look good on my car. any ideas where i can get pink caliper paint?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Whoot whoot!!!Thank goodness for another girl all for pink accents!! I would go with the G2 paint I went to their web site and requested a sample a few months ago. I think Im gonna just paint mine black and use pink other places. I hope you do it I cant wait to see them done in pink!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The G2 is probably the best stuff on the market...it's a little more expensive than a couple of cans of Duplicolor or Krylon but since it's more of an enamel it will last about a gajillion times longer than regular old high heat paint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the link! do you have to take them off or can you just tape them off and paint that way? and how long does it take to dry?

Whoot whoot!!!Thank goodness for another girl all for pink accents!! I would go with the G2 paint I went to their web site and requested a sample a few months ago. I think Im gonna just paint mine black and use pink other places. I hope you do it I cant wait to see them done in pink!!
how come you didnt end up doing them in pink? i see too many people with red, black, gold, white, etc... so pink isnt something everyone will do. also ordered hot pink engine paint to paint the engine cover this weekend :)

Does krylon work? i didnt think you could use high heat or engine paint because the calipers get WAY hotter than the engine does? i could be wrong?

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I got the pink sample i was sorta disappointed that it was more girly pink than Hot Pink! I also got the hot pink spray for the badges. I just have to get around to taking them off and painting them. Just not enough time. I added hot pink to some of my interior too. If you search the forum someone did the g2 while on the car just a few months ago. There may be a write up on it too. Im so happy some one else thinks hot pink looks great on cars too!!!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Pink calipers FTW! G2's pink is nice but it's kinda bubble gum pink though. Krylon paint will bubble up or flake right off from the heat. The brakes don't get hot enough to affect Duplicolor caliper paint or engine paint but they will chip in six months even if you prime and clearcoat them. G2 stays nice for years. If your interested in stickers for the calipers this guy has the best mazda stickers his name is Matt. They last real well and he gives you an extra one in case you mess up. I have them on my brakes for about seven months and they are still mint. http://sechemedia.ca/shop/index.php...owse&category_id=3&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2 Btw. That's not my brake in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow everyone thanks for the info! i want hottttt pink! lol but that color isnt too bad. i will get the g2 over anything else cuz id rather spend the 40 or so dollars on it once and have it last instead of having to redo them and buy more and more paint. the decals for the calipers look good - ill look into those too :) white or black? i think i looked at a website for g2 paint like ummm g2usa.com or something? maybe they can make custom colors?

so now current projects are:

paint calipers pink
order caliper decals
paint engine cover
paint emblems
order black slotted rotars (sp) - prolly closer to when mine need replacing.
tint tail lights, headlights.
3rd brake light led strip
replace all the exterior lights to LED (looking for some of the part numbers still) and already did interior.
install HID kit - which is currently in my backseat and possibly getting done tomorrow.

then on to more expensive things :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I got the pink sample i was sorta disappointed that it was more girly pink than Hot Pink! I also got the hot pink spray for the badges. I just have to get around to taking them off and painting them. Just not enough time. I added hot pink to some of my interior too. If you search the forum someone did the g2 while on the car just a few months ago. There may be a write up on it too. Im so happy some one else thinks hot pink looks great on cars too!!!
oh btw how did you add pink to the interior? i was thinking of ways to do it, but not quite sure except messing with replacing the fabric of the seats..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts