• Buy body color painted door mouldings & DVD Amp Sub

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Got a door ding at target, Damn

Lucky the offending party was still in target.

Had the parking cop come as a witness when owner of the other car came out.

Got his info, Hes a tourist in a rental and leaving the island in 2 days

I went to the body shop, they estimator was just leaving for the day getting in his car to go home.

I begged him for a quick look, He was experienced, he said hmmm 3 stage paint, feather front door and rear quarter panel, $1500 plus.

I was like wow.

So taking off work tomorrow to meet the guy at the bodyshop.

I hate side mouldings but maybe.

Spoiler and Wing King: Mazda 3 2010-2011 Painted Body Side Moldings

What do you think I should do

Have it fixed or

Take the $1500 and buy lame $200 Side mouldings and a new DVD amp and sub.

·
Registered
346 Posts
$1500? ouch... Find a good paintless dent repair guy. I had one take out 4 dings on 3 different doors, it took him about an hour and they are all nearly perfect. The charge was $60 a panel... aka $180 for all 3.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$1500? ouch... Find a good paintless dent repair guy. I had one take out 4 dings on 3 different doors, it took him about an hour and they are all nearly perfect. The charge was $60 a panel... aka $180 for all 3.
GT10 Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that too b4, Paint-less dent removal and Im sure it will come up at the body, the shop. The ding is pretty deep, I mean its more then a dent that can be popped out and a pretty good scratch. Ill take some good pics at the body shop and post updates

·
Registered
377 Posts
Must've been a really hard impact. You can try paintless dent removal. They may also have body work options as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
actually those Door Shox looks like a great idea... moldings that stay in place with magnets... I may buy a set for when I have to leave my car in garages or lots for extended periods...

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
yea those door shox thing look like a good investment for those that would leave their car in parking garages or airports for extended periods. They're not that expensive either. Just can't see them being used on a daily basis though.

Just park far away next time haha I always park far away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts