2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got rear ended by some jackass not paying attention on the highway. Totaled my 4 month old car. I`m more or less fine, so far. I`ll part out the aftermarket once the insurance signs off on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got rear ended by some jackass not paying attention on the highway. Totaled my 4 month old car. I`m more or less fine, so far. I`ll part out the aftermarket once the insurance signs off on it.
Oh man that sucks! Glad to hear you are OK. My BMW got totaled last month that is how I wound up here :)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
What da???? I've been following your progress...sad to see this go. Glad your fine, @VoodooJef. Hope you'd remain here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
290 Posts
DAMN!! That sucks man!
Sorry to hear that, I know you had already put a lot of time and work on your car.
Glad you're ok too

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, appreciate the words.

I might end up back here with a Speed 3 before too long :) Also have an STI on the radar, but it`s really too early to start making those plans. Everything so far looks good, as good as can be anyway. The officer who wrote up the report found me in no way liable, and my insurance company already said I`m not liable so even if the dude`s insurance is bogus my full coverage will pay out without consequence.

Truthfully, I`m glad everyone was OK. Three vehicles involved, no immediate injuries.

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Well doesn't that just suck. Good that everybody is ok. Don't take anything for granted though. Go see a doctor, get a full exam. You might be ok now but in a day or so you'll feel it. Been there done that, still feeling it 15 years later.
Ask your insurance company if they will cover at least some of the cost of the work you have done to your car. If you have receipts or any sort of documentation of purchase / installation costs many companies will do this within reason.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Jef, so, so sorry that you car got totalled! And yet very glad that you are so far okay. From personal experience, let me please "ditto" arathol's recommendation to get yourself totally checked out, and also ditto his excellent advice about your aftermarket costs. My insurance company, State Farm, after my six month old 335i was totalled, credited/paid me back, penny for penny for every receipt I had paid out for parts and third party labor costs, but clearly (and I was fine with it), they would not give me anything in return for my personal labor for when I had installed the parts.

Best of luck to you. And with all you have added to the forum, we hope your replacement car is another Mazda 3 and we keep seeing more of you, learning from your posts (coincidentally, just seconds before I read your above thread, I was on YouTube watching your Borla M3 video.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry for your car. Rear-enders don't usually cause whiplash pain until the second or third days.

Start muscle relaxers now to minimize swelling, and watch for possible concussion symptoms for 24 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn man, I just got onto these forums and was having a great time reading your adventures. This is tragic news for all of us. I hope you get another 3 so we can read about how you soup up the next one :)

*edit* Also really glad you're OK! Thirding/fourthing everyone's advice about the doctor - better go make sure of it!

·
Registered
988 Posts
What matters is that you are safe, there is a saying here in Israel that goes more or less like this "Better to be written on the car than in our blood". Your car gave you a purpose and I'm sure it fulfilled that purpose beyond your expectations, and as everyone else recommended here get checked by a doctor! Best of luck on your next car!

·
Working Class Hero
3,607 Posts
Noooooooooooooooo!

So sorry, man. That sucks in a major way.

Keep the aftermarket and start again?

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I know you don't know me, but I've just gone through this exact same thing with my last 3 over the last 2 months. It's the only reason why I have my new one. My 3 took really good care of me, considering. I thought I was OK at first immediately following the accident - but like others have said things may start to creep up and you may feel very different in a day or two.

I was hesitant to do anything health wise at first due to the possible "hassle" and time required. But I quickly decided to get help based on the advice of others and how quickly the way I felt changed as the adrenaline from the accident wore off and how different I felt in the 2 days following the accident. Just get yourself checked out asap just to be on the safe side. If you're good at least you'll know it. If not you'll get the help you need.

Make sure you're ok 1st, I know it sucks but worry about the car after that.

Best of luck, get yourself better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear this and I'm glad you're okay. My 4-month-old sGT was also sandwiched by a 17-year-old on the freeway in August and I'm still dealing with getting full compensation. It wasn't totaled though but required $7500 to repair. I'm still trying to get diminished value from the at-fault insurance, they only want to give me $2500 when I should be getting $4500. I may have to take the driver and owner to small claims court to bring the insurance back to negotiations.

Do get yourself checked out. I was recommended to retain the services of a personal injury lawyer who got me to a neurologist and chiropractor. It was probably overkill but overall a good decision to cover my ass. Find one that will also throw in diminished value work too (if it isn't totaled). Mine doesn't do that so I'm on my own with all the paperwork there.

I almost wish mine was totaled and written off. Car seems fine after repairs however but the bumpers aren't matching and I see and think about it every single day. (Which I'm working to get repainted or replaced.)

Best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad you are safe, I had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago.

You should talk to an Attorney to ensure that you get your full compensation, consultations should be free.

If you have not gone to a Doctor you should do so immediately, depending on what your doctor says you should also see a Chiropractor.

I am seeing one and as a result I have to visit him 3 days a week for the next month.

Medical expenses should be covered under your insurance policy and you will be reimbursed for every penny + pain & suffering.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow, another rip... Sorry to hear this. Glade you are in one piece.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's December voodoo, not april! Man it just goes to show how quickly stuff can change.

Like many, I've been following your OV tuning, your MPG from you trip, you Air intake, , your exhaust mods, and even you suspension stuff....

S^*&....what I'm I going to read now?

But in all seriousness, it could have ended much worse....it's just a car...and sounds like your kid wasn't with you? (You real kid, not your car).

Was already planning on buying you a beer if I were ever in texas....guess I'll buy you 2.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If there is a positive the 17 has more goodies, and hell you had fun doing it the first time maybe it will be just as fun the second time. I want to thank you for all your mod reports. Peace.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts