2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2014 Mazda3 GT. Got it from a Subaru dealership with no warranty.

After driving it a bit, I realized the driver's seat has a slight rock to it, which is very noticeable with quick stops. I've seen on the forums this is an issue for a number of Mazda3s.

Also, just last week, my BSM light started flashing... great!

I'd also like to update the infotainment firmware.

Long story short... I'm looking for recommendations for where to take my car. Should I take it to the nearest Mazda dealer (Autobarn City Mazda on Cicero)? Is there a specific non-dealership mechanic or garage people recommend?

Is there a DIY way I could take care of some of these issues? I'm not terribly mechanically inclined...

Thanks!

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
I'd stay away from Autobarn. Seriously.

If you want a dealer (I'm assuming you're west sidr/suburbs) try Continental.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,522 Posts
If you have AAA, they can recommend a good mechanic near you. They have always steered me in the right direction when I've needed help.

For the firmware, you will probably need to go to the dealership. You can get an oil change or something and ask if they will do it for free. My dealer did it for me for free, but my car was and is still under warranty.
CK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm on the northwest side of the city, near Lincoln Square. I've got a mechanic I like that I used to take my old car to, but wasn't sure if I should go someplace where they specialize in or have more specific experience with mazdas.

The car is no longer under warranty, so I'm not sure that going to a dealership even matters. But if the seat rock is common to mazdas, and I need the firmware updated, seems like a licenced mazda dealer would be a good option.

Gerry, what has your experience with Autobarn been?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone know of a Mazda 3 performance shop in Chicago or Suburbs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.