2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good quality and fit sunshade for my 2014 s grand touring hatchback. I'm in AZ and it's starting to warm up. I don't want to find out if the AZ can damage my HUD display.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have the mazda oem one and it's pretty good quality, fits perfectly and blocks out heat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll second the OEM sunshade. Its a great fit and works well. The cheapest price I found was at the dealer with 20% off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
how much did you pay for the oem's. Cheapest i can find ebay is $60 with shipping

·
Registered
310 Posts
@lowincash and @Silver sGT

From the pictures I've seen, the OEM sunshade doesn't look to be very reflective and looks bulky/heavy... are any of those observations true? I really want it to reflect sun back (not just soak it and heat up) and be able to fold away neatly behind between the seats and cargo area.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
@lowincash and @Silver sGT

From the pictures I've seen, the OEM sunshade doesn't look to be very reflective and looks bulky/heavy... are any of those observations true? I really want it to reflect sun back (not just soak it and heat up) and be able to fold away neatly behind between the seats and cargo area.
It is kinda bulky I guess but not heavy. It does fold up neatly but since it's rigid it seems to get in the way of backseat passengers if I have 2 people back there so I usually keep it in the hatch area if not used much. It isn't as reflective as those silver aluminum foil looking ones but it still does a great job reflecting heat and does not absorb it. I do prefer these folding ones than the roll up ones I've had before, these are much quicker to put up and take down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be picking mine up from the dealer today after work. Had to order one. $60. It's going to start to get hot here in AZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts