2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondering what are some good rim options for my 13 SkyActiv? red hatchback. i won't be purchasing for little bit, but i'm trying to get a game plan for the theme of things. i kinda want a rally inspired look. not so much a street racer look, nor a luxury look. things i'll be adding at tax time are: spyderco fog lights, thule roof rack, rally armor mud flaps, hella fog lights ( not 100% how to go about mounting these and such, but i saw another mazda had some off road fogs on their grill, will be something similiar for me ), window tint, tail lights tinted red, and some other minor things. i like the look of bronze/copper wheels on red hatchbacks, but i'm open to options. tires i was thinking about getting were the Bridgestone RE11A tires ( i live in SoCal, where it's hot and dry 80-90% of the year ). it'll be time to get new tires anyways at tax time, so just gonna try and resale my stock rims.

some rims i was thinking: ( 18" most definitely what i want ) ( also, idk what offset i should be looking at. i am NOT going to lower my car, i don't like the look and i already feel i need more ground clearance as it is )

XXR® 527 Wheels - Chromium Black Rims
STR-RACING® STR518 Wheels - Matte Bronze Rims

price will be tough, thinking 800-900$ for a set of four ( 700$ would be more ideal, but i can go higher for some awesome rims )

excuse me if the rims i posted are not rally inspired at all. i've always been a car person ( rally, classics and american muscle being my favorite ) but i'm not the most knowledegable.

p.s. sorry for the long post for a simple question!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
HELL YES RC-G4's. That'll do for your rally buzz.

Otherwise, stylistically there are a couple Rotas (G-Force? Tarmac?) that look right as well, but for the slight discount you're not getting your money's worth. RC-G4 all the way. If you poke around you can sometimes get a deal; I poke Goodwin Racing all the time to source wheels he doesn't stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HELL YES RC-G4's. That'll do for your rally buzz.

Otherwise, stylistically there are a couple Rotas (G-Force? Tarmac?) that look right as well, but for the slight discount you're not getting your money's worth. RC-G4 all the way. If you poke around you can sometimes get a deal; I poke Goodwin Racing all the time to source wheels he doesn't stock.
are they only in 15" though? are they in atleast 17" ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
found them. Enkei RC-T4, i am diggin them! in no way would i be able to afford them though. they are super expensive ( over 400$ per rim )

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sparco Terra is available in 17. It's not 18, but for that rally look, meaty tires is a must.

nice! a cheaper look alike!

the price is WAY better, and 17" is still a size upgrade from stock hehe. i imagine i'd get a good balance of ride comfort from bigger tires, and grip from not being overly meaty?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got really lucky last winter and scored a set of NOS 17" Tecnomagnesio wheels as my winter setup. They look like this:

I don't have any pics of it on my car but I can probably grab a pic when winter comes.
that'd be great if you can. i'm a little worried that the sparco terra wheels will be a little too gold, for a red car. i dont want it to look tacky. but i guess if i dont like it, i can plasti dip them copper.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
think weight would be an issue? like slow it down? 20.9lbs compared to say an Advan Racing RS at 14.7lbs

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
read somewhere that the sparco terra's are 5-100 fitment, isn't our cars 5-114? will this be an issue?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes that will be an issue. You want a racing style wheel? A member is selling 18" Enkei NT03 for $800.
i gave them a look, not that interested. also, i'm not buying for a few months.

well, there goes my hopes of getting these sparco terras then :crybaby: i was really sold by their looks, price and rep.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i guess where i read it, the person was wrong. i should stop listening to people, and look for the facts for myself.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

thanks again spoon, i'm DEFINITALEY getting these rims when the time comes... and i'm oh so excited! i'll post pics of everything in a few months, gonna look great ^_^ hopefully bridgestone RE11A will be a good tire for these.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got a picture up on the winter plans thread if you want to take a look. I don't have a red car and its rather dirty but it'll give you an example of gold rally inspired wheels on a 3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts