2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking at buying a M3 touring and trying to decide on the S or HB. My wife likes the hatchback but I'm wondering after looking at one at the dealership will golf clubs will fit in the back without laying the seat down. I always leave my clubs in the back of my suv. I don't want to have the seat laying down all the time cause I don't think it would be good for it. Does anyone have any experience at carrying clubs in the back of their hatchback or Sedan.
Thanks
Great looking site

·
Registered
211 Posts
The owner's manual actually shows it's possible to store two golf bags in the trunk of the sedan at once, even providing an illustration of how to do so. I'm not a golfer nor do I own the sedan so I can't verify the accuracy of this claim but Mazda seems pretty confident that it can be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a full size bag and it fits on the diagonal. Can stack a second bag on top of the first bag but can not put 3 bags without putting down one of the rear seats. I am actually off to the course today.
Thats great to here, I guessing you have a sedan the way you descibe it? I read some where that someone said they could put they're clubs in a hatchback, but had to take the driver and 3 wood out. Hopefully more people will chime in on this thread. Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a sub in my hatch and i take the woods out and lay the bag in first.
I sometimes also just toss my bag onto my back seat.

if you are that worried maybe a CX5 would be a better choice although with that you still have to remove clubs to fit a second bag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a sub in my hatch and i take the woods out and lay the bag in first.
I sometimes also just toss my bag onto my back seat.

if you are that worried maybe a CX5 would be a better choice although with that you still have to remove clubs to fit a second bag.
My main concerns are gas mileage and price so that's why I like the Mazda3. The Sedan is a good looking car, but the hatchback is very unique so if all I have to do is take my driver and 3 wood out and my bag will fit and I can put the 2 clubs on top then I'm happy. I don't wanna have to lay the seat down and keep it down just don't think it be to good for the seat because my clubs go everywhere I go

·
Banned
4 Posts
If the golf bag fitted in the HB, it will certainly fit in the Sedan. I have the sedan version and my TaylorMade TM Stand Bag fits perfectly in there. A friend of mine with which I'm golfing had the Sedan version also before I bought mine, and every time when we were going to the golf course with his Mazda. That's how I knew that the trunk of the car was big enough to fit a golf bag. But you shouldn't choose a car which will have the trunk big enough to fit a golf bag, choose a smaller bag instead. If you need help with that, on https://golfclubguru.net/best-golf-bag-for-every-golfer/ is a review of a few good golf bags for every golfer. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If the golf bag fitted in the HB, it will certainly fit in the Sedan. I have the sedan version and my TaylorMade TM Stand Bag fits perfectly in there. A friend of mine with which I'm golfing had the Sedan version also before I bought mine, and every time when we were going to the golf course with his Mazda. That's how I knew that the trunk of the car was big enough to fit a golf bag. But you shouldn't choose a car which will have the trunk big enough to fit a golf bag, choose a smaller bag instead. If you need help with that, on https://golfclubguru.net/best-golf-bag-for-every-golfer/ is a review of a few good golf bags for every golfer. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts