2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this one had me flabbergasted...

Brought my 3 in for service and they popped me for the cabin filter. At 40k I figured, "hey, why not?"

Get in my car two mornings later and the blower motor is making an awful sound. So I brought it back in to have them look.

They bring me back out to an acorn and what looked like a mouse nest on the desk. Turns out, there's a design flaw in the glove box that has a completely open port into the blower motor when you switch from outside air to recirc settings on the HVAC. :confused:

So, the mouse nest that was on the desk was, in fact, a napkin from inside my glove box. Had been sucked in a while ago, from the looks of it. I stared at the service manager in disbelief....

The acorn, from what we could tell, had fallen through when they replaced the filter, and that was what was making the loud noise.

Fair warning, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Now I have to find a new place to keep my napkins.... :argh 1:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Any pics of this flaw...my wife just told me that she heard some noises coming from the fan on my cx5....if it turns out all the crap that is in the glove box can end up in the fan, God knows what I'll find!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts