2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a good experience with utilizing glossy piano black door pillar stickers to replace the dull ones that are stock? If so what did you use?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Has anyone had a good experience with utilizing glossy piano black door pillar stickers to replace the dull ones that are stock? If so what did you use?
IMHO most "GLOSS" cosmetic material are all subject to easily getting scratched. Unless you seal it in a durable clear coat or clear vinyl.

I like and prefer the Carbon Fiber look myself.
Some of the most durable are 3m Series 1080
It will last at least 3-5+ years without fading or other weather damage.
If you do use a vinyl look at its thickness and weather resistant rating. You get what you pay for when it comes to vinyls.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have one of those black glossy door pillars..bought from ebay from China. Advertised price at $49 plus change, but I felt like I wanted to bid....so I bid for $36.00 (flat cost including the shipping costs), and he accepted my offer...advertised as a 8pc, yet I was sent 10 pc (as it included the triangular area where the front driver and front passenger mirrors are located. Stated 3M stickers on back side, all fit well, except the front mirror area as its entire edging tapers down, so there is a slight overhang of about 1/8"...I had to relocate it slightly so that it only shows a little overhang, but they REALLY improve the appearance of the doors when you face them !

I'd buy them again !

Compare that to a full on carbon fiber 10 pc set that sells on ebay for $309.00 !

·
Registered
132 Posts
ly20170629 is the ebay seller......Good quality, bought it early Feb and arrived on 2/19.

I'm sorry, lazy to take pics, but it looks like what you see in the pics on ebay...glossy black... nice....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the same ones As 1-clean3. I’m actually gonna remove it and get the oem ones painted gloss black, reason being is the eBay ones are thick and pokes out. My shirt got caught on the edge 1 time and it ripped lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts