2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Unsociable
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part # 20 in the image below is flat black on all the '12 and '13 models, except the GT apparently where it's a gloss or piano black. I'm looking to change mine over to the later, however, I can't find an actual part number for it.

Can anyone help me out?? I know someone on here has done this conversion on here, just don't remember who.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Call the dude from oem Mazda parts.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
I think I heard from another forum that it involves the front airbag sensor which I wouldn't want to mess with.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not that hard. I know someone on here did it. Try to search for it.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I replaced mine because I didn't want to have holes from the license plate. Stupid easy to do and there's no sensors right there as there's no harness for them between the bumper cover and the bumper/crash beam. Assuming they're the same shape you should be able to do it without any issues.

·
Unsociable
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced mine because I didn't want to have holes from the license plate. Stupid easy to do and there's no sensors right there as there's no harness for them between the bumper cover and the bumper/crash beam. Assuming they're the same shape you should be able to do it without any issues.
And the part # is????

·
Registered
324 Posts
For such a huge forum, there sure isn't alot of useful information from people on here.
You know, you're just as able as anyone else to look it up online. I highly doubt anyone here has the number memorized. You could also show initiative and you know, call the Parts department at your dealership.

OnlineMazdaParts doesn't have the 2013 Mazda3's listed yet so the part numbers aren't on there.

http://www.partswebsite.com/mazdapa...id=0&type=parts&image=5418012&imagecallout=20

Has #20 as Upper w/ fog lamps and Upper w/out fog lamps. Though I don't think the fog lights make a difference when I installed mine? They do not list the part number but I'm sure you could call them.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Huh its not from skyactiv its from a 2010-2011 trust me the gloss insert across the middle part... Just try to focus and look for the difference in a 10-11 and a 12.

FYI
SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA LEARN STUFF ON YOUR OWN... AND ALSO ITS A FORUM NOT A CUSTOMER HELP DESK. CALL THE NUMBER ON YOUR WINDOW THEY'LL GIVE YOU AN ANSWER RIGHT AWAY.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
The dude did make an assy comment after waiting nearly a week, when a simple call to the dealer would have returned him the same part number that you offered Razerer. I got the same part number in 2 minutes from Browning Mazda. Crossed checked it with ebay and see that that they have one for sale with a slight dent and in gloss. Some people are just lazy and want things handed to them without taking any time to help themselves.

Because I'm helpful and internet savvy and good looking and awesome and (insert more words of praise):

FRONT BUMPER. Fits: Mazda | Jim Ellis Mazda

Here's the ebay I used to cross reference the part number:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MAZDA-3-FRONT-BUMPER-SPOILER-OEM-12-part-BGV8-501T2-/160942073886?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2578e5281e&vxp=mtr

Call the dealer with the part number and have them re-confirm the gloss black before you place the order.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts