2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been twice to my dealer for this issue. I have multiple videos but they don't want to look at them. They refused to do anything but the manager had me send him the videos and he would contact Mazda on my behalf. Not holding my breath as it's been three days.

More to the point, in experimenting to see if I can reproduce the symptoms I found the center on my touchscreen does not work at all. I made an appointment for Monday, they can not refuse now. My worry is they may fix that somehow and not my original issue of the glitching screen (touching itself when stationary).

I wanted to put this out there for others who may have the issue intermittently, maybe you also have this touchscreen issue and it will help you get fixed by Mazda.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think either way you have a faulty unit. It happens, good for you for not taking no for an answer.

All they can really do is disconnect your battery to try and reset it or update the firmware. It's unlikely either will work. I think you're up for a new unit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Go to another dealer. Years ago my dad's Acura RL had an issue with the HID headlights flickering out on bumps and the dealer could never replicate so we caught it on video. It was a slam-dunk bulb replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My issues continue... Now after the third visit the tech could not deny the issue. The updated TSB is 09-026/18

Now they are saying my car has no warranty on file. I had brought with me my CPO paperwork from Mazda. Then they say the basic warranty (3year/36,000 mile) is expired and I have to contact the dealer I bought it from to see why. This makes no sense so I just called Mazda corporate directly. They tell me they have to "check" if my repair will fall under the CPO limited warranty. I told them the contract I signed I have in hand it says the limited warranty covers "any repair of a defect in material or workmanship (except wear and tear), unless excluded".

First off it is a touch screen that doesn't work properly when touched. Second the TSB itself states "This is caused by a touch panel failure from an improper manufacturing process of the touch panel and center display". Apparently the people answering the phone are not the ones who can review your complaint and approve/deny warranty work. So I am assigned a "handler" (I think that's what they called it) and I should allow "a couple of business days" for a "decision".

I definitely would not recommend a new or CPO Mazda to anyone or buy another one. This is not even the whole nonsense story but I don't feel like typing it out.

Paying customer has to bend over backwards to have a properly function vehicle is really sad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts