2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to posting on any forums, just needing some help. I've been working on a tune with Rafael since July (slow process since I've had a busy schedule), and once he stated we were almost finished with the tune, I started having a slight hesitation issue (which turned out to be due to how the newest revision had been learned / broken in). I've tried updating with new datalogs with and without the issue, but I haven't heard back in over a month now. I have tried contacting them through the support email, as well as the main email addresses I had been in contact with, with no luck.
Any help is appreciated, I'm at a loss as to why I may have been dropped at nearly the final stage of being tuned.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi, new to posting on any forums, just needing some help. I've been working on a tune with Rafael since July (slow process since I've had a busy schedule), and once he stated we were almost finished with the tune, I started having a slight hesitation issue (which turned out to be due to how the newest revision had been learned / broken in). I've tried updating with new datalogs with and without the issue, but I haven't heard back in over a month now. I have tried contacting them through the support email, as well as the main email addresses I had been in contact with, with no luck.
Any help is appreciated, I'm at a loss as to why I may have been dropped at nearly the final stage of being tuned.
Thanks in advance!
Worry not, they might just be crazy busy currently. Rafa should be able to get back to you. [email protected] is active.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I appreciate the response, I was getting very worried since I was being an obnoxious customer with all the updates I was providing while not getting a single response or acknowledgement regarding my final file(s) from any source, including the support email you have provided.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Alright, I appreciate the response, I was getting very worried since I was being an obnoxious customer with all the updates I was providing while not getting a single response or acknowledgement regarding my final file(s) from any source, including the support email you have provided.
Pretty sure Rafa won't mind update requests. Try sending him an email again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure Rafa won't mind update requests. Try sending him an email again.

Well, the last time I sent an email asking for help / updates was just 5 days ago, with no response or update yet other than the automated message. And like I mentioned, I have sent a handful of emails with datalogs and my own updates to Rafa since I've last heard from him. I suppose I can be patient at this point since I feel my car has improved dramatically with all the work he's put in, I'm just excited to have it all buttoned up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, so it's been over a month now and I've tried reaching out a couple more times through email and even sent a message on Facebook a week ago with no luck. Honestly getting frustrated with being left in the dark after having a great experience from the start until October when I stopped getting replies.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Alright, so it's been over a month now and I've tried reaching out a couple more times through email and even sent a message on Facebook a week ago with no luck. Honestly getting frustrated with being left in the dark after having a great experience from the start until October when I stopped getting replies.
This is really discouraging news. I know that the veterans of these forums like OVT a lot but at some point it really does become just making excuses. I'm not saying Rafael is not a great guy who has outstanding technical skill. However, what everyone has done is a business transaction and not a favor being done by your buddy on weekends. If you step back a bit and look at it without emotion, as a business practice it's not acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
This is really discouraging news. I know that the veterans of these forums like OVT a lot but at some point it really does become just making excuses. I'm not saying Rafael is not a great guy who has outstanding technical skill. However, what everyone has done is a business transaction and not a favor being done by your buddy on weekends. If you step back a bit and look at it without emotion, as a business practice it's not acceptable.
Actually, Rafael isn't a huge business, he is one guy who tunes cars for a comparatively small market . Its not a huge multimilion dollar outfit. He can't do everything for everybody all at once, and has other things to do also. He has always answered emails although it might take a few days. Its quite possible that the OPs emails have been sent off to a spam box or something similar, wouldn't be the first time. As for the FB thing, does Rafael even have a page? If you go through FB, that page is for OVT in Hong Kong, the one that does Toyotas. Rafael probably never even got the message.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think Rafael is in the Philippines ...you think volcano spewing up is shutting his communications

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
I think Rafael is in the Philippines ...you think volcano spewing up is shutting his communications
Yes, he is, and no, it isn't. There are forum members here that have had very recent communications with him.
I think the problem is if, as he said, the OP got obnoxious and bombarded him with constant emails etc he may have been put on the back burner for a while......

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Give Rafa some time. Having seen he works w/ Mat, I'd throw my full trust & confidence behind them.... OVT's current load w/ everything Toyota/Lexus is, as 1 can imagine, pretty packed...Patience needed.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Actually, Rafael isn't a huge business, he is one guy who tunes cars for a comparatively small market. He has always answered emails although it might take a few days. Its quite possible that the OPs emails have been sent off to a spam box or something similar, wouldn't be the first time.
Sent to spam does happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all of the replies, I finally got a response asking to send new datalogs, which I will be doing tomorrow. I will update again soon if all goes well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts