2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking for some time and had a few questions regarding our first Mazda 3 we bought used!

So when bought we had 100k km on the dial and now we have about 120k km and i want to do some preventative maintenance before the winter.

What i have on my to-do list:
1. Spark plugs
2. winter tires
3. oil change
4. battery check
5. check control arms and ball joints.
6. breaks
7. Belts/air filters

Is there anything specific for Mazda's that i should be looking at when the km's get up there? like a timing chain tensioner, fuel filter transmission fluid change?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm also in Canada and I do my own prep. I also highly recommend oil spray rust proofing. If you have a large compressor you can do it yourself cheap (like me). Princess auto sells the air guns cheap. Undercoat at the bare minimum. The rust check oil is good stuff, Canadian tire sells it. I also spray behind the doors and panels.

Do know that our cars are a total ass to undercoat. There's plastic panels running almost the entire length of the car. They have to be removed to spray and then reinstalled.

Winter tires are a good one. I just put mine on :)

One tip: check your brakes. Clean as necessary, push the pistons back and lube the pins. Save yourself a stuck caliper. Sucks doing a brake job in the cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts