2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go Phil (new member) your thread and for Champ to talk through your Mazda Connect SatNav issues concerning your Mazda made for North America and now imported and driving and living in Europe.

Mods, Please leave this thread active as it is for a new member with problems who can not PM others.
Discussions will commence soon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mods, Please leave this thread active as it is for a new member with problems who can not PM others.
Discussions will commence soon.
good idea, thanks man.

Dear Champ,

Since I'm not allowed to send you a PM, here a generic findings-report:

I've tried the NAV solution as you gave to me earlier. I did find a Europe navigation map (called 'Mazda 3 Copy 2014', with a specific CID and a separate xxx.lyc file). Made a SDHC card (8gb fat32) and copied all files/directories on it.

Step 1 went oke, I got the 'jci-linux_imx6_volans-release' for my car.
I ran the tool and made a CID patched version and a CID_SIGN patched version. I used the CID number given in the downloaded EU map.

Did step 4 and step 5, the system did reboot, but did NOT accept the SD card :frown2:

Even after adding the extra ...lyc file out of the 'Mazda 3 Copy 2014' on the SD card, it did not work at all. Always the 'invalid SD card' notice.

Any suggestions?

Grtz PhilSat.
well it look all what you did was correct, only one things i am not sure about.. that you may did mistake with following..
after you patched jci-linux_imx6_volans-release with the tool,,, it will be saved with adding other hacked name on the binary.. did you renam it as its original ( jci-linux_imx6_volans-release ) and put it in the config folder ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
good idea, thanks man.

well it look all what you did was correct, only one things i am not sure about.. that you may did mistake with following..
after you patched jci-linux_imx6_volans-release with the tool,,, it will be saved with adding other hacked name on the binary.. did you renam it as its original ( jci-linux_imx6_volans-release ) and put it in the config folder ?

Yes, I did rename it before putting it back on the USB-stck in the 'config' map. So, that's not the problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
good idea, thanks man.

What I don't understand is what to do with the LYC file in the 'Mazda 3 Copy SD 2014'? Do I remove the other 3 (!) LYC files on teh SD card and replace them with only this one? What I did now is that I added the LYC file on the SDHC card (after the first time it refused).

·
Registered
25 Posts
good idea, thanks man.

To be sure, I've got this result: 'jci-linux_imx6_volans-release_[v55.00.750B-NA]_[CID_patched]' with the CID number used form the Mazda 3 copy SD 2014 file.
And the second time I tried, the result was: 'jci-linux_imx6_volans-release_[v55.00.750B-NA]_[CID_SIGN_patched]' also with the CID nr used form the MAzda copy file.
As said earlier, yes I did rename them to there original name, before using them on the USB stick.

Grtz.

·
Registered
306 Posts
To be sure, I've got this result: 'jci-linux_imx6_volans-release_[v55.00.750B-NA]_[CID_patched]' with the CID number used form the Mazda 3 copy SD 2014 file.
And the second time I tried, the result was: 'jci-linux_imx6_volans-release_[v55.00.750B-NA]_[CID_SIGN_patched]' also with the CID nr used form the MAzda copy file.
As said earlier, yes I did rename them to there original name, before using them on the USB stick.

Grtz.
1- with name signed mean to active the speedcam too.
delete all file inside license folder, and just copy the Lyc you download ir.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Champ.

Tried option 1. All files in the 'license' directory removed, but left the '.reg' directory in place. Only the ...LYC file out of the MAZDA 2013 file installed. Run the script again with the 'CID' only patched version, reboot occurred, but it did not work.
Option 2. Put back the .nng file. Retried, no result !

·
Registered
306 Posts
Champ.

Tried option 1. All files in the 'license' directory removed, but left the '.reg' directory in place. Only the ...LYC file out of teh MAZDA 2013 file installed. Run the script again with the 'CID' only patched version, reboot occured, but it did not work.
Option 2. Put back the .nng file. Retreid, no result !
which map you downloaded ? and which Lyc you used ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Champ,

I downloaded the file 'Mazda 3 Copy SD 2014.zip' which contains a directory 'content', a directory 'http-dump' (which I first included on the SD card, but later on had it removed), a directory 'license' (with the earlier mentioned multiple .LYC files and the nng file and the .reg directory) and finally the text file in the root.
It came with the file 'lyc_mazda.rar' (which contains the ....lyc file) and a text file wit the CID nr in it.

Grtz.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Champ,

I downloaded the file 'Mazda 3 Copy SD 2014.zip' which contains a directory 'content', a directory 'http-dump' (which I first included on the SD card, but later on had it removed), a directory 'license' (with the earlier mentioned multiple .LYC files and the nng file and the .reg directory) and finally the text file in the root.
It came with the file 'lyc_mazda.rar' (which contains the ....lyc file) and a text file wit the CID nr in it.

Grtz.
And I used the LYC file out of the 'lyc_mazda.rar' file.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also just tried it with the license directory complete empty (also the .REG directory deleted) and placed the ....LYC file out of the 'lyc_mazda.rar' in it. Inserted the sd-card in the car. Pressed ignition and after reboot: Invalid SD card

·
Registered
306 Posts
Champ,

Grtz.
i wrote before.. all file inside license folder delete it, and only the Lyc in the yc_mazda.rar after extract copy it to license folder thats all.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts