2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I did a little bit of searching on here and didn't find an answer. So I was wondering the specs on a corksport racepipe for the skyactiv CB exhaust. Or if it's even cost efficient to get a shop to build one. From what I see it's a piece of straight pipe with a small taper On one side for the clamp and the other side to a flange. Anybody know what something like that would cost? Gotta be cheaper then $180 right?
I've attached a photo of the kit

Thanks in advance for any input

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Are you sure a race pipe is a good idea? Less back pressure on a n/a engine usually means a loss of torque in the lower rpm's.

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
well you can put one on n always stay above 5000 rpm xD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure a race pipe is a good idea? Less back pressure on a n/a engine usually means a loss of torque in the lower rpm's.
Well I have the catback exhaust. I haven't put it on yet because i haven't wanted to cut my stock exhaust. I eventually want to trade it In For a speed3. So I wanna be able to put it back to stock. If a racepipe is a bad idea what would any other options be?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Doesn't your catback just bolt up to the second cat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious where you got the $180 price.

Our racepipe addition for the SkyActiv Exhaust (Mazda Exhaust System | 60mm Exhaust) is $80. It would be very difficult to find someone who could create a section for the same cost of the same quality stainless steel, but I'm sure you could do it cheaper, you always can.
I thought I saw it on there for that price. Do you guys sell it individually? And is there any loss in torque like what's been said on here? I have your shirt ram intake to pair up with it. $80 is a whole different story. I'd rather order from you guys and not have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would just keep the second cat. I was gonna do the same thing youre thinking of doing but decided to just add the exhaust after the cat and its still pretty damn loud. The cat isnt really restrictive and it does provide a very minor amount of muffling. I dont have the same exhaust you have but the pic you posted doesnt have much in the way of a muffler so I imagine it will be just as loud as mine is.
However, if you want to have a pipe made it shouldnt be too expensive probably around 80 bucks but it also depends on where you live if they will be willing to do it. Also, the flanges on these cars arent standard off the shelf stuff so that could get tricky too. Thats part of the reason I opted to have them cut and weld instead

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thats what i did. I bought the whole exhaust. Cat back with racepipe. So no cutting. I didnt know id loose torque, i mean it is sluggish once i hit 80. you can feel and hear it struggle a bit lol. But other than that its fine for now. I got the stock exhaust back in my shed, so if anything (in case of a trade in or something) ill just change it back. No problem. Reason why i got the racepipe in the first place lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what i did. I bought the whole exhaust. Cat back with racepipe. So no cutting. I didnt know id loose torque, i mean it is sluggish once i hit 80. you can feel and hear it struggle a bit lol. But other than that its fine for now. I got the stock exhaust back in my shed, so if anything (in case of a trade in or something) ill just change it back. No problem. Reason why i got the racepipe in the first place lol.
Damn. I don't want to lose power. Idk what the dealer will think if they see the stock exhaust welded on tho

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THIS!

If youre worried about going to the dealer then dont touch the cat. They can't say anything about a muffler welded on if it doesn't interfere with anything else
The second cat bolts on so if it goes to service I can just bolt the stock exhaust on. And not have any welds or cuts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
IDK about you but thats too much work for me haha. Then again I dont think Ill ever have to take my car in for anything other than an oil change since these cars are pretty reliable and the warranty only goes to 36k which isnt a long time.

To each their own I guess. If I ever have to take my car in for warranty or something theyre more than welcome to try to deny me but they wont be able to

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IDK about you but thats too much work for me haha. Then again I dont think Ill ever have to take my car in for anything other than an oil change since these cars are pretty reliable and the warranty only goes to 36k which isnt a long time.

To each their own I guess. If I ever have to take my car in for warranty or something theyre more than welcome to try to deny me but they wont be able to
Wouldn't be too bad. I have a lift. So throwing it up there every couple months to swap an exhaust wouldn't be a big issue. I guess I'm more concerned about power loss now

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think thats a myth too. If there really is a power loss I haven't noticed it. In fact since my car is so loud now i sometimes drive it a lot slower than i used to just to keep it quiet and i end up with a little better mileage too. I can shift at 2-2.5k without a problem.

Its like expecting a power gain out of this. If it is there, its so minor you wont notice it

This is of course assuming youre gonna have a proper size pipe (2.25in) Im sure if you were to throw in a 3 inch pipe the power loss would be quite noticeable

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think thats a myth too. If there really is a power loss I haven't noticed it. In fact since my car is so loud now i sometimes drive it a lot slower than i used to just to keep it quiet and i end up with a little better mileage too. I can shift at 2-2.5k without a problem.

Its like expecting a power gain out of this. If it is there, its so minor you wont notice it

This is of course assuming youre gonna have a proper size pipe (2.25in) Im sure if you were to throw in a 3 inch pipe the power loss would be quite noticeable
I think the corksport exhaust is 2.4 ID. That's what I have. So I'd imagine the racepipe would be the same. Found a guy 10 mins away to sell me his for $80 so I think that would be worth spending however much to get the other welded in

1 - 20 of 21 Posts