2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fit always has some small problems and I need a new compact car. I am a student so my budget is limited. Some reviews show that mazada3 is reliable. I searched some deals shared by others in autopriceshare.com and get a quota from there. After some bargains in email, autopriceshare dealers give me 300 dollars off.
The current price for Mazda3 2015( i SV 4-Door Automatic) is 16971.0. Is this a decent price? Do you know any better deals or some promotions in WA? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can tell you that for my brand new 2015 i-Grand Touring hatchback with manual trans. , I paid 23k out the door, so do the math for the trim level you want and that should give you a decent ballpark figure that you would want to try to aim for. I live in Texas if that makes a difference on the price...idk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price seems good enough if it's really the bottom line price + TTL. If you're in western WA you should be able to take that quote to another dealer for a competitive bid.

There's still a handful of '14s left that might be a better value if you can stretch up to an iSport or iTouring.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Keep in mind that the new Mazda 2 is coming out this year which is completely redesigned from the ground up and should be about $2k less than a Mazda 3, and also gets 3 more mpg city, 2 more highway. But if your fit has a lot of issues, waiting might cost you $2k in repair anyways.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Personally, if you're on a really tight budget, I'd look into a 1-2 year old mazda 3 with low mileage and maybe the Skyactiv engine (2012-13 model year), or just wait for the Mazda 2 to arrive (as @Flaring Afro suggests). My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all you replies. last weekend, dealer told me they have a promo and give me 200 more off. I finished this deal. Thanks for all your suggestions!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Keep in mind that the new Mazda 2 is coming out this year which is completely redesigned from the ground up and should be about $2k less than a Mazda 3, and also gets 3 more mpg city, 2 more highway. But if your fit has a lot of issues, waiting might cost you $2k in repair anyways.
Just for future reference check the insurance rates on the cheaper cars :p

A lot of the time younger people buy the cheaper cars and get in more accidents, which makes other young drivers pay out the wazoo for insurance on those cars defeating the purpose of the savings.

Which sucks, but always good to shop around insurance too before a purchase. Glad the OP got what (s)he wanted!

Sorry, wasn't trying to confront you just wanted to add a tip to the thread!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Thanks all you replies. last weekend, dealer told me they have a promo and give me 200 more off. I finished this deal. Thanks for all your suggestions!
Congrats! Would love to see a proper introduction in the new members section as well as any pics you might have to share.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just for future reference check the insurance rates on the cheaper cars :p

A lot of the time younger people buy the cheaper cars and get in more accidents, which makes other young drivers pay out the wazoo for insurance on those cars defeating the purpose of the savings.

Which sucks, but always good to shop around insurance too before a purchase. Glad the OP got what (s)he wanted!

Sorry, wasn't trying to confront you just wanted to add a tip to the thread!
A good point but the Mazda 3 tends to be driven by younger people as well. I'd think there would be a larger difference between the 3 and 6 than the 2 and 3. I don't think any of them would be as bad as a Lancer or Impreza either because people tend to get those and pretend they're STIs/Evos and drive fast in them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A good point but the Mazda 3 tends to be driven by younger people as well. I'd think there would be a larger difference between the 3 and 6 than the 2 and 3. I don't think any of them would be as bad as a Lancer or Impreza either because people tend to get those and pretend they're STIs/Evos and drive fast in them.
That's true, although when I was looking at the quote for a 2 vs a 3 for myself as a 22yo Male the difference was about $17/month ($200/yr). Not significant, but might as well spend that money on the car then on the insurance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts