2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the mazda dealer the other day and purchased 3 oil filters for my 2014 mazda 3 2.5lt.

Ive just noticed that one filter has a different part number.

1 x PE01-14-302A
2 x 1WPE-14-302

can someone confirm if both filters are correct?

I found an old post suggesting that the PE01 is just an old part number and both are correct for the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Heads up for anyone who hasn't found out yet--the replacement 1WPE-14-302 filter is a little smaller than the PE01-14-302 that it replaces. The filter wrench that fits the PE01 is too large for the 1WPE.

·
Banned
842 Posts
This is just me and I am not saying anyone should copy what I do!
Can't say I have had to use a Oil filter wrench on my own vehicles in about 3 decades. Oil the filter o-ring spin it until it stops and about a 1/4 or so more. Then the next oil change it comes off with your hand. Never had any leak even on the Race engines! EVER.:grin2:

·
Registered
560 Posts
This is just me and I am not saying anyone should copy what I do!
Can't say I have had to use a Oil filter wrench on my own vehicles in about 3 decades. Oil the filter o-ring spin it until it stops and about a 1/4 or so more. Then the next oil change it comes off with your hand. Never had any leak even on the Race engines! EVER.:grin2:
I know it's like the most annoying $4 you have to spend for an oil filter cap wrench that you will never use again to remove the filter the first time...Like my prom dress, I'm so tempted to wipe it off and return it to the store for a refund.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I know it's like the most annoying $4 you have to spend for an oil filter cap wrench that you will never use again to remove the filter the first time...Like my prom dress, I'm so tempted to wipe it off and return it to the store for a refund.
ROLMAO thats truly funny ^^^^^

You know the cheap oil filter remover you already have...it's called a Philip-screw driver. :nerd:

·
Registered
158 Posts
ROLMAO thats truly funny ^^^^^

You know the cheap oil filter remover you already have...it's called a Philip-screw driver. :nerd:
I bought the cap wrench in order to get the factory install filter off. I had 2 strap wrenches, too big. I tried making a leather strap, didn't work.

I considered a screwdriver, but a new car!

The next 5 or 6 changes didn't require the wrench.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I had to google that...I didn't know. Now I'm really pissed I didn't go back for my refund.
Ya it is messy but gets the job done in a pinch. Next time you need any tools just swing by I have just about everything...hahahahaha :nerd:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts