2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK after trawling the web for a alternative to Mazda UK's usb based DAB add on, In Europe
they have been selling the real deal kit

https://www.mazda-forum.info/threads/dab-radio-serienausstattung.70619/page-4#post-737568

see post #94 for pictures

so apart from the DAB aerial stuck on the windscreen its the real deal. Fitting time, about 1 hour.

i've just ordered the parts today from my local Mazda dealer

BRE7-66-DRX module £146.66 plus VAT (tuner amp unit)
C830-V6-650 DAB antenna £52.38 plus VAT

there a special order (non returnable) with two years parts warranty from your dealer

Mazda parts are in Europe, so if you want anything before Brexit now is the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok , took 45 minutes to fit, the antenna comes with IKEA like instructions to fit. The TAU only needs one side panel removing to access, one thumb screw by accelerator pedal. Unplug, fit new and plug in dab antenna then follow instructions to run it up to the windscreen.
It then needs to be tuned in to get rid of error message.
Works great

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok , took 45 minutes to fit, the antenna comes with IKEA like instructions to fit. The TAU only needs one side panel removing to access, one thumb screw by accelerator pedal. Unplug, fit new and plug in dab antenna then follow instructions to run it up to the windscreen.
Works great
Hi,

Just wondering do you need to update the software for this to work, or is it just plug in and play?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its just plug and play.
You disconnect the battery, install the kit, connect up battery.
Tune in DAB
really easy and you cant mess anything up doing it.

if it doesn't display the artist/song playing then it will need a system software update.

You could get the tuner amp out of a mazda 3 BM with DAB cheaper from a scrap yard then buy the antenna from Mazda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
its just plug and play.
You disconnect the battery, install the kit, connect up battery.
Tune in DAB
really easy and you cant mess anything up doing it.

if it doesn't display the artist/song playing then it will need a system software update.

You could get the tuner amp out of a mazda 3 BM with DAB cheaper from a scrap yard then buy the antenna from Mazda.
That's great, cheers for the advice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Works great
Hello, if you have the instructions, could you share them with us?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The instructions are for a LHD vehicle so don't help in the UK. They describe how to remove the glove box to access the tau

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DAB antenna

The Mazda windscreen stick on antenna didn't work too well in rural areas.
I did expect this to be the case, but as the plug that goes into the TAU is mazda specific I had to buy it.
It might of been getting interference off my chinese dashcam(which is wired into the fuse box permanent)
So I chopped the cable and fitted a SMB male fitting (Youtube vid on doing this) which is a bit fiddly and involves a soldering iron.
I have a mag mount aerial stuck under the rear bumper, so no drilling involved, it protrudes about 4mm past the bumper lip, as its outside the car and there isn't much steel in the way it should work.
I'll keep you posted on how it works out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts