2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car: 2020 CX-30, Japan
I have a problem with my genuine foot lamp. It always turn on all the time. I brought my car to my dealer. They don't know where the problem come from, and said that maybe ECU or CMU. How can i fix it? Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the dealer doesn't know......
Its a dealer issue, a warranty issue, let them deal with it.
I used 1 foot lamp electric wire to get power supply for my small LED by myself. So, dealer said that my case is out of warranty. They offer me to change the ECU for fee, but they don't know whether my foot lamp will be fixed or not.
Everything work fine except the foot lamp. I think that somehow ECU can't control foot lamp’s power ground. So, i want to try to reset ECU and CMU to check.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is a Mazda 3 forum.

What is a genuine foot lamp? Did you install this lamp yourself? Are you talking about a footwell light which you installed? Did you install the light to be powered by switched power at the ignition?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. I posted here because Cx-30 has the same platform with 7 gen Mazda3
Dealer installed this footwell lamp option for me. it worked normally. (URL below)

So I used this footwell lamp wire to take power supply for my center led by myself, it also worked normally. (URL below)

After that, i installed TV kit(URL below) to watch youtube or TV on Mazda connect when driving, and then i checked this lamp and it always turn on and can not be controlled by Mazda connect.

Finally, I brought my car to my dealer. They don't know where the problem come from, and said that maybe ECU or CMU.
If you know how to fix it, please tell me. Thank you. (_ _")!

·
Registered
286 Posts
translation:

some of my accessories are OEM, some are not, I am wiring things together and now have a problem and the dealer cannot help me

Once you start modding, you are out of warranty and free dealer fixes. Should things go south, the dealer can blame on your mods.

I think the answer is that you have to figure it out yourself, I haven't heard of anyone else here installing a TV kit in the new Mazda 3 (or CX30). If the current draw from the TV is messing things up? maybe try a different power source, or an automotive relay with power direct from the battery so you aren't drawing current to run your new devices from the OEM wiring source, just using it as a trigger?

Once you redo the wiring, maybe disconnect the battery for a while and see if that resets the ECU?

Any more troubleshooting from me would probably require I try the same project, and I have no interest, good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have the installation instructions for the genuine footwell?

I wanted to check if it is easy to install them myself. I don't want the dealer playing around.
I don't have the instructions, but AFAIK, it requires an activation vita MDARS (Mazda Diagnostic and Repair Software) to activate the "Ambient Lighting" option in MZD Connect II.
You would then have a new option under Settings - Vehicle Settings - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighting, for it to work properly and for adjustment.

You could do the physical installation yourself, but your dealer or someone with MDARS, would need to activate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
translation:

some of my accessories are OEM, some are not, I am wiring things together and now have a problem and the dealer cannot help me

Once you start modding, you are out of warranty and free dealer fixes if things go south the dealer can blame on your mods.

I think the answer is that you have to figure it out yourself, I haven't heard of anyone else here installing a TV kit in the new Mazda 3 (or CX30). If the current draw from the TV is messing things up? maybe try a different power source, or an automotive relay with power direct from the battery so you aren't drawing current to run your new devices from the OEM wiring source, just using it as a trigger?

Once you redo the wiring, maybe disconnect the battery for a while and see if that resets the ECU?

Any more troubleshooting from me would probably require I try the same project, and I have no interest, good luck.
Thanks for your advice. I tried that before, but nothing happens. I think i will ask my dealer for changing ECU.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thank you Hawke and bloodteer for your answers.

Do you know if the instructions also clearly say how to activate the extra menu?
I'm asking this because I'm sure that unless the procedure is explained step by step or the dealer won't know how to do it... and I'm speaking based on recent experiences in different dealers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't have the instructions, but AFAIK, it requires an activation vita MDARS (Mazda Diagnostic and Repair Software) to activate the "Ambient Lighting" option in MZD Connect II.
You would then have a new option under Settings - Vehicle Settings - Interior Lighting - Ambient Lighting, for it to work properly and for adjustment.
Interesting. I wonder what kind of customization is available? Brightness is what I'd assume. Different colours would be neat, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For different colors you should buy different bulbs. Mazda sells them in blue or white.
From what I've seen, what is customizable is the intensity. Low, medium, high
These are $25 EUR in the UK which is about $35 CAD, plus the harness for about the same. In Canada, they're sold for $400 installed, or mid $300's just for the kit. That seems like a really steep North American tax. It would be cheaper to ship the kit from the UK to my house...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts