2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I think this is the world's first every video of the upcoming gen4 Mazda3.
What can I say. In this body, this car could be easily a concept of a compact Ferrari or something like that.
Very-very impressive and very big step forward Mazda!

I can hardly wait to see the finished model- and at the same time I am a little sad as I feel this car is far from the final, available version which means the world premier of the gen4 is a little far from today...
( was hoping that maybe I could get the new model in spring 2018. Now I feel this would be easily spring 2019)

·
*The Electrician*
906 Posts
So they are still using spark plugs........all that hype about not using spark plugs but they still use them under harder acceleration.........If your going to make wild claims don't lie to the public and later tell them well we still sorta need spark plugs even tho we claimed we wouldn't. Even if it's only part of the time, that's still using spark plugs.....That's like claiming your making a 100% EV and then later revealing its actually a Hybrid.......

·
Registered
212 Posts
So they are still using spark plugs........all that hype about not using spark plugs but they still use them under harder acceleration.........If your going to make wild claims don't lie to the public and later tell them well we still sorta need spark plugs even tho we claimed we wouldn't. Even if it's only part of the time, that's still using spark plugs.....That's like claiming your making a 100% EV and then later revealing its actually a Hybrid.......
Uh, sure thing. You realize diesels have glow plugs yet still operate as compression ignition motors 99% of the time, right? They're not duping anyone, they're just using science.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I love the design, looks amazing, hopefully it doesnt stray too far from this design
Here is 2012 article regarding 2014 concept, I'm just crossing fingers this one actually will be not far from the original concept.

http://www.autotribute.com/18888/new-2014-mazda-3-concept-leaked/

To be close to reality I would add bigger pillars, smaller wheels, different rims, the exhaust pipes coming under the bumper, the rear bumper more prominent, the side mirrors bigger, no panoramic but sunroof, the handles are raised not flush, there will be a gap for the openings like trunk, hood, doors and gas lid, a spoiler over rear window and an optional aero kit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
im curious if you could link where mazda lied about getting rid of spark plugs

i didnt keep up very well on the sky-x tech but i never remember hearing that

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I don't think Mazda ever made that claim. All that came from automotive journalists speculating and making assumptions about the new engine. Mazda calls it Spark Controlled Compression Ignition. Here is a good article on how it functions-
Mazda's SPCCI compression engine: Here's how it works

·
*The Electrician*
906 Posts
I don't think Mazda ever made that claim. All that came from automotive journalists speculating and making assumptions about the new engine. Mazda calls it Spark Controlled Compression Ignition. Here is a good article on how it functions-
Mazda's SPCCI compression engine: Here's how it works
I guess this goes to show that anything from automotive journalists should be taken with a very large grain of salt. The way it came across to me was that Mazda planned on eliminating spark plugs completely. Interwebz 1 and me 0 lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts