2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to buy aftermarket knobs for the ac and heat controls and wondering if gen 1 knobs fit on gen 2 cars? Some nice ones on ebay for gen 1.

these look really cool. Would go nicely with my chrome shifter knob I plan to buy. Is that a gen 2 panel? Looks diffrent when it's uninstalled. $26 to ship a $13 item. I'll search for a better overall cost for this item.

ADD W1 Have AC Knob FOR Mazda 3 MAZDA3 Climate Control Billet Aluminum Knobs | eBay

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have no idea about the panel, but I remember seeing a video of this guys gen 2 with really nice knobs that had a white trim around them. I'll have to look around and find the video

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got Gen 2 knobs from autolismo; I know they're a Canadian based company that sells the ones in the picture above with the white rings. I put red tail light vinyl behind mine and now they are backlit red and match the rest of the dash. They look much better than the stock knobs

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is a bit off topic but is related to the a/c. What do yall think about buying vents from the cx-3 when it's released and seeing if they will fit in the 3? They look so good and hopefully will be the same size. Maybe I could paint the inside of them red

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got Gen 2 knobs from autolismo; I know they're a Canadian based company that sells the ones in the picture above with the white rings. I put red tail light vinyl behind mine and now they are backlit red and match the rest of the dash. They look much better than the stock knobs
Bookmarked. Thanks. I agree, the ring must be red in our cars. Blue could also be interesting but white is a no go. I also like their mirror cam with rear camera option when shifting in reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts