2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you folks on the rear setup on the gen1/2. I have a set of ISC COilovers, and they say to put the rear adjuster on the spring perch. Most setups seem to have them bolted up to the subframe on the top, this seems like a far easier thing to do, what's your take on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
ISC designed it like that, so that's how I installed it. It sits on top of the spring and when you raise the control arm to set the preload, you shouldn't have any issues of it moving. Especially under the load of the vehicle once you put the wheel on and put it back on the ground. I thought it was weird at first since I've seen most setups have the adjuster at the bottom bolted to the lower control arm, but it's worked for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anyone know if the BC BR rear adjuster should be the opposite of what you guys just mentioned? Right now I have them the same way you guys do, but I am also having issues with having loud clunking noises when I am going over bumps. Not sure if that is normal or if its because of the way the adjuster is sitting in the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts