2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i turned the loaner turbo 6 in tonight to get my 3 back (finally). After driving the 6 since Nov 20th and a little over 1000 miles, i can say, while its nice getting on the highway, or the random "break the tires loose when the boost hits", i cannot possibly like this car. It might be slightly different with a manual, but i doubt it. The car just feels too big and sloshy, the trans even in M mode shifts whenever it wants and the brakes... dear god, i nearly pulled a disc trying to stop fast once it took so much effort. the stereo despite being the same Bose as my 3 (but with added tweets in the sails), lacked the volume and punch/deep bass i can get out of the stock speakers.

It took me less than 10 mins in my 3 to fall in love all over again, despite not having fallen out of love since Oct 28th when i dropped it off to be fixed. Im more glad i lucked out with my 3 than ever now, especially after reading about the 4th Gen specs and issues.

What i can recommend is, making sure whoever your insurance company is, making sure you have the best possible policy you can. For $131 and change a month, nearly $10k in damages were fixed with the only out of pocket being 5-6 tanks of gas. 3/4 of the car had to be repainted and 4 body panels replaced and the left rear qtr fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts