2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Currently on the hunt for a Sport Nav 2.0 165bhp in UK for my wife and test drive one yesterday. It was lovely and nothing wrong at all but I noticed a very slight vibration through the manual gear selector.

It seemed to be constant and don’t change with engine load or speed so was just wondering if this is a trait of the box or if possibly something more sinister.

It was very feint but our current car has no vibration at all so I might just be concerned for no reason.

The car has done 45k miles and is on a my15.

Any experience with the manual box (is it generally reliable, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Geoffers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine doesnt wibrate at all. Even if i keep my hand on it, unless i pull it out of center a little.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your replies!

Tried another one tonight and it’s very similar to the first so going to assume they’re all the same (it’s actually barely a vibration...just me being super fussy as it turns out ?)

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
If its vibrating the cables might be out of adjustment. If one is too tight it could be transmitting a bit of vibration to the shift lever. Its sort of like holding the shift knob in a direct shift transmission off to the side a bit with your hand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its vibrating the cables might be out of adjustment. If one is too tight it could be transmitting a bit of vibration to the shift lever. Its sort of like holding the shift knob in a direct shift transmission off to the side a bit with your hand.
Thanks Arathol!

Sounds like an easy fix (if it was even that bad in the first place...beginning to think I imagined it).

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts