2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I'm going to custom make a gauge pod to hold at least one gauge, maybe 3 gauges.
Any ideas on where the best place would be?
I work on custom cars and any suggestions would be great!

Thanks !
:clap:

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I still had my MX6 I saw another just like it at a car show with a gauge pod added. a triple pod running down the drivers side roof support. kinda like a stop light but the top one stuck out a bit the middle one not so much and the bottom one sunk in a little. had some depth , know what i mean.
It looked good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tx...

for the A-pillar, it's a bit attention grabbing for the Po Po.
I was thinking of one right in the center of the steering column to fit one 52mm gauge. that way you could see everything together. what do you think?

·
Registered
73 Posts
tx...

for the A-pillar, it's a bit attention grabbing for the Po Po.
I was thinking of one right in the center of the steering column to fit one 52mm gauge. that way you could see everything together. what do you think?

I think make it look just like a factory one but smaller of course.
Make everyone wonder why they didn't get one on there mz3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The prototype is just about finished. I'm having it painted and I'll send out some pics next week! Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's a pic of the hand fabricated pod we made!
It sits on top of the steering column and is secured using 3M tape. For this pic, we only had access to the Sedan. We'll need someone to volunteer for a test fit in a MS3 if we put this into production.

What do you guys think? Should I have this go into production?

·
Registered
412 Posts
That looks really good! Molded plastic parts aren't easy to make, and you've done a great job by the look of it.

If I added one front and center mounted gauge, I'm trying to think what I'd like to know the most. Coolant temp? Oil temp? There are a couple of standard sized round multi-gauges available that with a lot of work can monitor all kinds of thing in one gauge.

I think I'd opt for an oil temp gauge.

Question, is there any problem with the gauge blocking the view of the dash gauges?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The view is pretty open. I don't think there is anything I can't see that is too important but it's a good question. For me, it's ok. What do you think? This is very important as I consider having this put into production. That's why comments are so important. If there's no interest, nothing will be available.

Thanks ntechnic!

·
Registered
17 Posts
my audi has one that cuts out the vent.. with the vent still being functional just cant tilt air side to side

anyway i dont think your seeing much interest cause honestly there really isnt much use for one until these motors start getting some boost or at least some decent mods. this may be useful for the speed3 when it gets here though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts