2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on planning out a gauge setup for my speed3. I can't really afford the cp-e triple gauge pod. Was considering a triple gauge a-pillar pod from glowshift.com. Bad idea with the airbag? Couldn't find a definitive answer searching. Thanks!

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the defrost pod, just have not installed it. I built a AC vent pod with some help from others but I need to move this to either the defrost vent or the pillar.

I looked at the Glow shift (Mazda 3 Gauge Pods) but did not see where this fit the GENPUs. I would like this item as I would like too install three gauges with one being a REAL boost gauge. I plan on building a holding device for the AP (hopefully released soon) and put this on the AC Vent.

Z

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
completely missed the warning somehow, thanks for posting that up. That was actually my next question. Are those the only gauge pod options? Just the vent, defrost pod, and outrageously expensive triple pod from cp-e? I want to run three gauges, but don't wanna spend 200 bucks for just the pod. I can only run 2 if necessary I suppose. There is some kind of double stack pillar thing for the defrost vent right? I could run that with one in the vent I suppose. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys might check into the defrost vent pods that a block8head on mazdas247 is offering.

Mazdas247.com
I saw that he has the dual defrost vent pod I was talking about, but apparently only for ms6. Also, is he only selling them through that forum? I would hate to join a 3rd mazda forum just to buy a gauge pod and bail lol

·
Original Member
262 Posts
I saw that he has the dual defrost vent pod I was talking about, but apparently only for ms6. Also, is he only selling them through that forum? I would hate to join a 3rd mazda forum just to buy a gauge pod and bail lol

If you read the first post in that thread (and I know it's a headache), it's listed that he does offer them for the 2nd gen 3. And yes, he only sells them thru that forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm thinking about molding a custom a-pillar gauge pod. I don't like the vent ones. I ran those in my GTI, and don't care for them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mazdas247 was my third forum and I hardly post there. I do 90% of my posts here. There's no problem with joining up to buy the pod...lol that's about what I did (haven't installed it yet)

·
Registered
1 Posts
auto gauges

Get revved up for race season and cruise nights with the All Tachs on Sale summer tachometer rebate from Auto Meter! Starting now until August 31st, 2010, approved Auto Meter tachometer purchases from participating retailers are eligible for cash back rebates up to $100!
Get revved up for race season and cruise nights with the All Tachs on Sale summer tachometer rebate from Auto Meter! Starting now until August 31st, 2010, approved Auto Meter tachometer purchases from participating retailers are eligible for cash back rebates up to $100!

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
I have seen gauges right in front of your regular gauges in-between the steering wheel. Also couldn't you get some other kind of gauges and put them up on your dash like where cp-e's goes? Their setup seems really pricey for just gauges and not anything else you need to get them working properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts