2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still learning the ropes on driving a stick shift and my hardest point is not putting so much pressure on the pedal so I am not over-revving the engine from a stand still into 1st gear. My friend who has been helping me even noticed that it was very sensitive compared to her nissan maxima. Is there a way to stiffen the pedal so there I am not peeling out every time I start off?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would just keep practicing, perhaps you need to let the clutch out a bit more before giving it gas?

It certainly should not be an issue once you're used to it, it is by far one of the best compact car clutch/shifters out there lol.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Practice makes perfect. Even I had a learning curve going from a regular cable throttle to the electronic throttle in these

Youre learning to drive stick and getting used to a new car so it'll take some time. Just keep practicing

·
Registered
750 Posts
Like the others have said, practice...practice...practice.

Also, taking off properly in a stick is a fine balance of both clutch AND throttle. Every car is different and this one is a little different.

I've been driving a stick for 22 years, but found starting out in first on the Mazda3 a little difficult at first.

Reactions: SneakyPete
1 - 5 of 5 Posts