2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue or if any new TSB's are related to my problem. So I fulled up my gas tank this past Saturday and noticed the physical gas gauge barely moved from full tank, but the digital screen is showing over wise. This is the first time I've seen this and have driven 4000 miles so far. The only updates I've done was the A/C warm air TSB update as my dealer did not have the autobrake recall ready yet. I attached a photo to show the difference in the gas gauge.
IMG-0356.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have over 10K on the car and haven't had this issue. Sometimes it takes five or ten minutes to go all the way up after I fill up the gas tank though. So mine is slow, but somewhat accurate.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think it's dumb to have 2 gas gauges so the digital display has a digital range. I compared the two gauges after a fill-up using the trip B counter.
I'd say it's pretty accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed the same thing twice recently. Each time it has cleared and the gauge has suddenly jumped to about three quarter full. The gauge works with a float inside the tank and I assume that is sticking when the tank is full. Waiting to see if it persists before reporting a fault under warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pretty typical of gas gauges, at least from my experience. I'm sure you all have noticed the disparity between the electronic and 'analog' gauge when below half a tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The digital gauges is not a gas level indicator. This it shows you how many Km you can drive with the gas quantity remain in the tank.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The digital gauges is not a gas level indicator. This it shows you how many Km you can drive with the gas quantity remain in the tank.
True, but it is shown as a gauge and that's why I said that. I was also trying to indicate that the gas gauge isn't linear like the electronic gauge appears to be

·
Registered
135 Posts
True, but it is shown as a gauge and that's why I said that. I was also trying to indicate that the gas gauge isn't linear like the electronic gauge appears to be
Gas gauges will always slow down in the last quarter. Like you can drive a solid 50km or so with the low fuel warning light. Lowest I've pushed a car (not the 3) is when it says I have 6km range left😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your responses! But there's definitely something wrong with my physical analog gauge since I've already driven about 160 miles and it barely moved from full tank. Now to figure out the issue is another story, I'll try to update when I have time to take it to the dealers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just turned that digital gauge off as it's pretty useless and redundant. It gives a cleaner look to the gauge cluster in my opinion as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of our 2019 GT has a slow "to indicate" analog gauge, but then works normally after 125 + km or so . Our 2nd 2019 GT works normally as far as I can see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks everyone for your responses! But there's definitely something wrong with my physical analog gauge since I've already driven about 160 miles and it barely moved from full tank. Now to figure out the issue is another story, I'll try to update when I have time to take it to the dealers.
160 miles and no change sounds way more indicative of a problem lol I was referring the first 50 miles or so not making it drop much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts