2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished for the day on painting my replica lip. I bought this off of ebay last week and had free time today to paint/clear coat it.

I'm really happy the paint matched up 99% exact. I still have to clear coat it some more (letting it dry over night) and then use some rubbing compound on it. Fitment could be a little bit better but at $125 shipped I'm not going to complain. Here's hoping that the clear coat and rubbing compound will make it shinier *crosses fingers*

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Looks awesome, You should color match your fog light bezels. It would look crazy good next to the yellow overlays.

Reactions: tienboi

·
2012 Mazda 3i Sport owner
245 Posts
Looks awesome, You should color match your fog light bezels. It would look crazy good next to the yellow overlays.
Or just do em black, either way this would look fantastic. Good job on the paint, haha wish you lived near me I really want this lip.

How did you paint it do you have a compressor and spray gun and all that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about that but I got tired from painting the lip. I'll probably color match it in the future.

How did you paint it do you have a compressor and spray gun and all that?
Honestly? It was all done with spray can :) I bought the colormatched paint in spray can form and a can of clear coat from automotivetouchup.com, bought the primer from home depot. It all came out to be around $100? The pearl from the velocity mica is very evident after the paint dries and the company's clear coat is top notch stuff (not like that dupli color crap). I'm going to take the lip off next week and recoat the clear coat. I've had price quotes from paint shops for around $200 and since it's just an ebay lip, I'm not going to shell out money for something that will take a beating anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts