2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has heard about anyone successfully swapping a transmission in the 3, and if so how much it costed. I'm also wondering if i had the right set up with the right turbo and boosted it on the automatic transmission but kept it at a reasonable psi (6-8 absolute tops) if it could handle it as long as i didnt go crazy. Im sure most will think it'd be a waste of money to do this instead of just buying a speed3, but thats not really an option because I'm in college and my mom wont let me sell my 2.0 for one. I figure if it all works out itll be easy to sell later on or maybe i can do the tranny swap and put more boost after working on internals.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Want my opinion just drive it how it is. Put money up for something else. I doubt your making a ton of money. It would cost several grand to boost it. Better off driving it and trading for something else later on. That's my 2 cents anyway

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Save your money and purchase something better later. Trust me, I was thinking the same thing, just grow some patience and wait.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
the tranny swap alone is going to cost more than you want. the fact of adding the pedal box, cutting the floor boards, not to mention all the lines that have to be run with a slave and master cylinder.

There have been turbos and superchargers developed for the mzr 2.0. its probably the better one out there for turbo'ing its "bulletproof"ness or whatever. Does that mean its a good idea for your car? probably not. Think about it like this, as many miles you have on your car now, the turbo would multiply the wear and tare by like 5 on that already old motor. we've all thought of it, thats why only 1 person turbo'd his 3 that ive seen on this forum. on a 2.5, worked awesome cept for his stupidity got the best of him and he blew his motor.

we dont recommend anything major unless you have double what you price it out to cost. cuz shits gonna break, and with turbos its usually something expensive. only way to have a reliable turbo is to overbuild it and there comes your money problems again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts