2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i've noticed something with my 2015 Mazda 3 and that is when i put the throttle to the floor, I can press it even further but it requires a bit of force. It's almost like putting the throttle at 110%. Does anybody know what purpose this serves?

·
Banned
842 Posts
The throttle attenuation is 0% to 100% or full throttle. The passing or kick down feature is still only up to 100% attenuation.

There are some ODDII diagnostic port access devices that can read what your throttle attenuation is in percentages.

I like and use the Ultra Gauge in my Mazda to read and monitor t many PIDs. (Performance Information Data )
i.e. Throttle Position (measured at the TPS)

Ultra Gauge

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

20180523_081044_resize.jpg

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
How the hell did you get your ultra gauge to work in a Mazda 3, I have one plugged it in will work but will not turn off once the car is off it just stay on. Please help me get it working.

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
You'll have to remove your cable from the ODB2 serial or it'll drain all the power of your battery.

Or maybe There is a switch ?

·
Banned
842 Posts
How the hell did you get your ultra gauge to work in a Mazda 3, I have one plugged it in will work but will not turn off once the car is off it just stay on. Please help me get it working.

Thanks
You should go read the installation instructions again. See the section under Ultra Gauge Set Up - Compatibility - Power Off Detect Mode. It takes a little trail and error to get the correct settings. Don't forget to also set the Power off retries, it is in the same information area as the Power off Detect mode.
Because I am constantly testing and monitoring things on my Mazda I use both the auto off feature and a power switch. Either way the UG will shut down on me if I leave it alone after about ten minutes even with the power switch on if the ignition is set to off and I walk away from the car.
I also like my OBDII power activation switch so I can choose not to use the UG at times.

You'll have to remove your cable from the ODB2 serial or it'll drain all the power of your battery.

Or maybe There is a switch ?
It would take a few daaaaaaaaaays possibly weeks for that to happen. Read the specification of the UG . :laugh2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts