2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Full Button Control HU! 2010 2011 2012 2013 mazda 3

:wink2:Hello chaps, I have a 2012 mazda 3 ITR which I will be doing a few major upgrades on.

I have searched hard but can't find a HU that has full button support for steering wheel, and I mean FULL, phone buttons and the voice button. I am open to adapters like the ones Crutchfield sells but I can't find good details on them. So if you know of a setup please share, anyway here is what I am trying to get simplified.:laugh2:

1. Android HU (which looks similar to Eonon's HU)
2. Full steering wheel button support including voice and phone buttons(I don't care if I have to remap)

·
Registered
218 Posts
you'd have to get either the PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Adapter or iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW Steering Wheel Control Adapter.

I have the PAC unit, but I also have the iDatalink unit, I just haven't installed it. If I remember correctly, the PAC unit on supports specific manufacturers head units (Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood and maybe a few others).

with the PAC unit, you have to make sure the stereo you get has the (I think) mini-plug input.

Some people here have bought the Eonon unit and didn't like it, so be careful with the Android HU. Me myself, I have a Pioneer head unit. One of these days I'll install the iDatalink adapter, it gives you the steering wheel controls and will have some information to display on my HU, from my ODBII port.

Reactions: J3Mazda3

·
Registered
218 Posts
bump for updates
So I finally got my iDatalink Maestro installed a week ago or so and I don't have full steering wheel button access. I'm going to get back to iDatalink to see what they can tell me.

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 with the fully loaded bose package. I too would like to completely eliminate every ounce of bose including the factory headunit. I already have removed the amp and speakers and am running an aftermarket amp with aftermarket speakers and sub. I would like to ditch the factory headunit and go aftermarket, with ALL steering wheel buttons functional (including bluetooth)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 with the fully loaded bose package. I too would like to completely eliminate every ounce of bose including the factory headunit. I already have removed the amp and speakers and am running an aftermarket amp with aftermarket speakers and sub. I would like to ditch the factory headunit and go aftermarket, with ALL steering wheel buttons functional (including bluetooth)
It can be done, you just have different options. I previously had the PAC Audio unit and recently switched over to the iDatalink Maestro for steering wheel controls. It currently is not working as it should, but I have to go do some wiring to take care of it, which I'm going to do right now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey,

The dream of full button support with an aftermarket head unit is exactly that a dream. Your voice and phone buttons on your steering wheel go directly to your Bluetooth module, the Bluetooth module then send the sound over to your head unit, these wires can be found on the 16 pin connector going into your head unit along with the aux connector wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts