2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I searched for this particular issue online as well as on the forum and I can't find any mention of this issue.

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 2.5 hatch. When I fill the tank there is fuel leaking from somewhere around the tank at the bottom of the car. It's enough to puddle under the car. There is no fuel smell at all in the cabin so fairly certain it's not something like the fuel pump/tank seal. I'm guessing it is probably the feed or return line to the tank.

I haven't had a chance to get it up in the air to poke around as it just happened last night. I just wanted to see if this is a known issue or if anyone has had and fixed the same issue.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't fill the tank up so much and get it to a reputable shop, possibly even the dealer. A fuel leak is nothing to mess around with and DEFINITELY not something to fiddle with on your own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't fill the tank up so much and get it to a reputable shop, possibly even the dealer. A fuel leak is nothing to mess around with and DEFINITELY not something to fiddle with on your own.
Thanks, but I'm very well versed in the mechanics of cars and working on them. I am just looking for any info that someone may have that has had the same issue before I dig in.

Yes, in the meantime I am going to only fill it about 3/4 tank to keep it from leaking, especially with it being so close to the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts