2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just awhile ago I've experienced something weird with my fuel gauge. I was driving for about 40 kilometers from my office to the job site. I parked my car and saw my fuel gauge was reading 3/4 of a tank. Later I got back to the car and for some reason my tank was reading full and my range was reading 647km which surprised me because there is no way anyone could have added fuel without even opening or moving the car.

Ever since I got my car about a year ago I gas up to a full tank at only one station most of the time and it's enough for about 2 weeks of daily commute and a couple of site works. Rarely when my fuel runs too low that I couldn't make it back to my favorite station to fill up a full tank, I just gas up about 10 liters at any Shell station I see while driving. My last fill up was a full tank on August 29 and so far was able to drive about 180km since then. I wonder if there could be anything wrong with the fuel level sensor or if I have to check with the dealership. Never had this issue before and I'm wondering if anyone experienced this.

Thanks guys, have a good day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have had this issue with my 2020 mazda 3. Took it to dealer, they could not find anything, as the gauge started to behave normally. After 2 weeks it happened again. Taking it back to the dealer next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts