2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have a link or steps how to do the fuel filter replacement in a mz3 2015 with an 2.5 engine?

What I know is we need to remove back cushion seat but I don’t know what to consider in the steps, somebody told me about an special procedure to leave the gas pump aligned so it will mark full/empty tank ok

Any input is appreciated

DG

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
To play the devil's advocate here for a minute, why are you replacing the fuel filter? A proper filter went out the door years ago. These days it's nothing more than a filter screen and very rarely does it need to be replaced.

If this is preventive maintenance you're wasting your time and money. If there's something else going on, we'd be happy to help diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To play the devil's advocate here for a minute, why are you replacing the fuel filter? A proper filter went out the door years ago. These days it's nothing more than a filter screen and very rarely does it need to be replaced.

If this is preventive maintenance you're wasting your time and money. If there's something else going on, we'd be happy to help diagnose the problem.
Yes, I want to do some preventive maintenance to it, I’ve heard sometimes gets very dirty/clogged , car has 60k miles

DG

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yes, I want to do some preventive maintenance to it, I’ve heard sometimes gets very dirty/clogged , car has 60k miles

DG
Well it's your car so you're certainly free to do what you want with it, but I can pretty well promise that you're wasting your time.

Whatever you decide, grab that service manual. Lots of info in there.

·
Rubber side down
256 Posts
Unless you are filling up your tank at some really shady 3rd rate gas stations with rusty tanks on a regular basis, there really isn't any need to replace a fuel filter.

If for some reason your engine is sputtering due to fuel starvation, then maybe you should replace your filter, and stop filling up at shady, rusty tank gas stations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts