2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think that's production date or something related.

I've waited until my fuel cap get back to normal when the weather went better because if it didn't I would request a new fuel cap from the dealer and probably get the cuts done by them. In this case, if you just cut how the TSB indicates, the original fuel cap will perfectly slide back to its position.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think that's production date or something related.

I've waited until my fuel cap get back to normal when the weather went better because if it didn't I would request a new fuel cap from the dealer and probably get the cuts done by them. In this case, if you just cut how the TSB indicates, the original fuel cap will perfectly slide back to its position.
That makes sense about the dots, thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Saloon in Soul Red Crystal.
36 Posts
On the back of the gas lid, does anyone know (or have a good guess) what those various dots in the 4 quadrants might represent?

View attachment 282094
The numbers above the circles represent the years, the last circle with dots in it is number 20 (for 2020) there are 9 dots in that circle, one for each month including the production month, so that part was manufactured in month 9 (September) of 2020.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The numbers above the circles represent the years, the last circle with dots in it is number 20 (for 2020) there are 9 dots in that circle, one for each month including the production month, so that part was manufactured in month 9 (September) of 2020.
Any theories about the lone dot above the arrow?

·
Registered
Mazda3 (Gen 4) Skyactiv-G: Machine Grey
3 Posts
My Mazda3 has its replacement fuel filler cover next week. I hope the replacement cover (and the work to the bracket to increase drainage) is an improvement.

It's been something of a marathon to get to this point. The selling dealer knew nothing about this problem and the TSB so attempted an adjustment. I went to another dealer who immediately recognised the problem, were aware of the TSB, and ordered the part and had it painted. It's now ready for fitting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mazda recently updated the TSB regarding this issue, now includes 2021 models, and instead of cutting the panel, a modified fuel-filler lid panel service part has been established for less water absorbance. Should take less time now, since no cutting needed.

Attachments

41 - 49 of 49 Posts