2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
go back and tell them there is a Mazda technical bulletin about this problem and the petrol flap needs replacing and the holder that holds it needs to be drilled to allow water to drain out. Mine has been resprayed and is due to be fitted on the 24th of this month. The black hinge that holds the round flap has honeycomb inside and some of the honeycomb has to be removed and a hole drilled at the bottom so the water can come out as it's the water and changing temperature that is causing it to deform. Just keep going back until it is correct don't settle for anything less
if you search the internet there is a diagram about this problem and it shows you what they have to do at the main dealer
Ok thanks 馃檪
let me know how you go on

Registered
Ok thanks 馃檪
Just to let you know I've had my fuel cap replaced and it's perfect at the moment I hope you got my message about the technical service bulletin that Mazda have issued telling them what to do when it goes into be replaced

Registered
go back and tell them there is a Mazda technical bulletin about this problem and the petrol flap needs replacing and the holder that holds it needs to be drilled to allow water to drain out. Mine has been resprayed and is due to be fitted on the 24th of this month. The black hinge that holds the round flap has honeycomb inside and some of the honeycomb has to be removed and a hole drilled at the bottom so the water can come out as it's the water and changing temperature that is causing it to deform. Just keep going back until it is correct don't settle for anything less
hi josie just to let you know i had my cat replaced and is it now perfect they had to drill some honeycomb on the hinge on the back which is not noticeable to allow the water to drain out for that's what been causing the problem there is a technical service bulletin that mary issued so go in and tell them you want your replacing as per the technical service bulletin

Registered
I have the same problem and I visited the dealer and apparently there is a technical bulletin come from Mazda. saying the deformed petrol flap is due to holding water. my cap at the moment is being sprayed and I'm waiting for Mazda to tell me when they're going to refit it. They also have to drill a hole in the plastic support at the bottom to let the water drain out. If you search the internet there is is a diagram that shows you exactly what will be done. the flap is obviously plastic but the bodywork is metal but water is getting in behind the flap inside the hinge part that supports it causing the deforming. I hope this helps. 馃憤馃憤
This is the technical service bulletin number 09-023-20-3723a

Registered
I have the same problem and I visited the dealer and apparently there is a technical bulletin come from Mazda. saying the deformed petrol flap is due to holding water. my cap at the moment is being sprayed and I'm waiting for Mazda to tell me when they're going to refit it. They also have to drill a hole in the plastic support at the bottom to let the water drain out. If you search the internet there is is a diagram that shows you exactly what will be done. the flap is obviously plastic but the bodywork is metal but water is getting in behind the flap inside the hinge part that supports it causing the deforming. I hope this helps. 馃憤馃憤
This is the technical service bulletin number 09-023-20-3723a

Registered
By the way I'm in England

I've managed to find the technical service bulletin number maybe this will be of any help to you TSB #09-023-20-3723a
Thanks a lot! I have the car new, but it is good to know this and to have the Mazda bulletin in case you have the problem. (y)

Registered
Tell me about the problem with the door I've got rattles inside my driver's doorthat go when you press on with your elbow.this has been caused because they had to replace the electric folding door mirror twice so that panel has been off two or three times and now there's a rattle

Registered
The driver's and passenger's upper bar is sliding. When I open the door, the seal is squeezed and torn, there is a tsb on it and the mazda replaces it, you need to replace the guides in the door to fix it (factory defect).
The mirrors will also be replaced, the dashboard creaked but I repaired myself :)

Registered
Tell me about the problem with the door I've got rattles inside my driver's doorthat go when you press on with your elbow.this has been caused because they had to replace the electric folding door mirror twice so that panel has been off two or three times and now there's a rattle
Could you pop out the Inner Handle Cover, pull back the handle, and then snap a picture for us?

From my own experience, I can totally see how a technician could reinstall the door trim with a missing clip or possibly the lock actuator out of place.

Registered
You will also probably find that they have cut a small hole at the bottom of the black plastic that holds the actual flap this allows the water to drain through and not congregate thus causing the deforming.

I'm quite happy now that mine has been done although I now have a driver's side door rattle which has been looked at four times, this has been made worse because the door panel has had to be removed two or three times because I have had to have two new electric folding mirrors on the driver's side so taking the panel off continually doesn't help.

It's going in again next Tuesday and they're going to try and put some felt deadening behind one of the brackets that holds the panel on.

Happy days having a car lol 馃榾馃榾馃榾

Registered
Thanks, They also replaced the mirror folding mechanisms and side panels in the doors for a new solution because the seal was rubbing.. :)

Registered
@da2el did you had any problems with returning lid back after cutting or is there anything that I should take care about if I go for it on my own.
Dealer by TSB needs to replace everything with new parts and also repaint lid and that is what I want to avoid.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
Mazda 3 2019
@da2el did you had any problems with returning lid back after cutting or is there anything that I should take care about if I go for it on my own.
Dealer by TSB needs to replace everything with new parts and also repaint lid and that is what I want to avoid.

My dealer changed it a month ago. All i want to say is, the lid feels more sturdy, dont know how to describe it, but when closing, it feels like more solid "click"馃憤

Registered

It should click back into place once you push it all the way forward in the direction of the arrow on the back of the metal disk.

Pro tip: if you hear a noticeable rattle from your driver's side C-Pillar area, resulting from either speakers/music or road vibrations, you might want to experiment with some butyl over that plastic awning-looking part right in the middle of that plastic mount before sliding the lid back in place. Possibly more relevant for those with a sedan.

Registered
On the back of the gas lid, does anyone know (or have a good guess) what those various dots in the 4 quadrants might represent?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts