2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm looking to sell off some unused parts in order to finance the bigger aspects of my build this winter. This here is an opened but 100% unused TRS Retro-Quik (Morimoto projector retrofit) HID kit for Mazda3/Speed3 without tech package (so, low beams only).

Only thing I've done since receiving the kit was clipping a wire (for the optional high-beam flipper) to reduce the clutter while I was test fitting it. The wire is still here, a quick crimp or solder will make it good as new.

Kit retails for $300, I'm asking $200 OBO. Please help! Spread word to your friends if they have been looking. Thanks!

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i haz Tech Pkg

·
Registered
387 Posts
willing to sell only the hid kit?

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HIDs alone will not work without the projectors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
@color0, i have the minid2s on my car sir. it will work. :D

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have nothing to do with the projectors alone so unless nobody comes along I will prefer to sell the kit. Thanks :)

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump, lowered to $200 OBO! Just a bit over a run-of-the-mill TRS kit for a whole lot more kit!

·
Registered
260 Posts
A couple of questions....

1. Is the 4300 an extremely white light? No color (blue/yellow, etc?)

2. Since you have projectors included, does this mean I would have to open up my stock headlight assemblies to install?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes you need to open up the lights to install the projectors.

I want this but have no money :(. Saving up for deposit/moving sucks

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple of questions....

1. Is the 4300 an extremely white light? No color (blue/yellow, etc?)

2. Since you have projectors included, does this mean I would have to open up my stock headlight assemblies to install?

Thanks!

@JWhite

4300K is a very slightly warm white, like BMW HIDs. Unfortunately 5000K starts looking blue to me so I personally think 4300K is closest to "true white" within TRS' lineup.

You would have to open up your headlights to install these, yes. I never started the install so I can't really teach you how best to do it -- but I can volunteer @tastic to give you some pointers. :whistling 1:

Reactions: tastic and JWhite

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yup...you need to open them up by oven or heat gun. The actual retrofit is very easy...remove old projector, bolt on new one. That's it. When you seal the lights back up, you will find there is a gap in the rear...that is because the morimoto projector is shorter. You can get those purple rubber caps from TRS or do what I did and just silicone it up. I have had zero leaks or condensation.

It is a very worthwhile mod. Pair with some osram cbi and the light output, cutoff and flicker is epic.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
How is this still available for only $200?! That's a freakin' steal for a full retrofit with a proper bixenon projector+kit. Don't forget that they also include a high quality clear lens...the cutoff is amazing...here is my setup, but with cbi bulbs.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@hawaiian.monzta they are yours on that funky installment plan lol. We can continue our convo via PM, I'm back in the US now. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts