2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
You never PM'd me back. I was checking to see if it said anywhere on the packaging (on the back) that it was not for the Bose systems.
I know the older ones were compatible with both Bose and non-bose, but the newer ones aren't.

·
NWMOTIV.COM
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your PM came across as just quoted text from my last PM, sorry.

As I read it, this will work for both Bose and Non Bose systems, but an extra wire is required for the Bose, I'm told tapping into an existing power source like the cigarette lighter will make it fully functional. Package is at home, so I can't reference the backside until later.

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
On this forum, as well as others, there have been instances/posts detailing where the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 has been used on 2010 MZ3s and MS3s so that's why I was after this.

And PAC actual has an interface out there for the Bose systems. I don't have or remember the prod # right now. I'll have to find it again. It's was somewhere around $79 IIRC.

Also, the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 was originally called the direct replacement to the PAC AOEM-MAZ which was used for the "Replacement or Addition of an Amplifier in Select Mazda Vehicles with Premium Bose Sound System". This was for the earlier versions of the AOEM-MAZ2. With the revised versions it was found that they were no longer compatible with the Bose system, and stickers or identification of some kind was then posted (usually on the back of the packaging) saying that it was not compatible with the Bose system. This was helpful in determining the previous versions from the newer. With the change people said that they lost control of the centerpoint processing.

As we were beginning to talk about making the transaction you had told me that you believed it worked "for all 3 series models of 2010-11". I just asked for clarification on the product before I sent you money. Thanks.

·
NWMOTIV.COM
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wifey is sending me a picture of the back of the package. I've read several instances of people using this product for their BOSE system, it just requires more work, it's either that or pay more to hook up a single wire (that i've read).

Again, I haven't used the product, so I don't know, but from what I've read, can go both ways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to add an amplifier to my factory stereo of my 2010 mazda 3, would it work?
Want to keep my factory speakers as well, just want to add a 2 channel amplifier with a sub...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey would it work on a 2010 Mazda 3 non boss system? I got some bass I want to add to the car but I want to keep the factory stereo? If it does I am 100% interested

·
Registered
323 Posts
Should work with bose and non bose systems. I have a non bose (well did) system that i was going to use it for, but got a new head unit instead.
Ok I am interested I don't get paid till Friday I hope you still have it by Friday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.