Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Ichiba V2 15mm Wheel Spacers for Mazda3 - * SOLD *

**** SOLD AND SHIPPED ****

$160 + shipping (to anywhere within the continental U.S.)

- Four spacers w/ hardware included
- Excellent condition
- Part no. WS-5511467A
- Purchased from Amazon for $243; you save $80!

Box states they’re for a Mitsubishi, but part number matches Mazda3 from Ichiba’s website – I presume this spacer fits various cars with 5/114.3 bolt pattern, 67.1mm bore, and 12x1.5 thread.

Since these are bolt on, the factory studs will protrude, please make certain your wheels have gaps on each side of mounting hole (see pics on Ichiba’s website – link below).

Spacer info: 15MM Aluminum Bolt-On Wheel Spacers

I take PayPal; however, if you pay with a credit card, please add 1.45% to the total (I’ll split the 2.9% credit card fee with you). Buyer pays shipping. I’ll ship to you within one business day of receiving payment and send via UPS ground (tracking number provided to you upon shipping).
Please PM me with any questions.
Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
definately interested, ill let you know soon

·
Registered
377 Posts
Would these work on the MS3 wheels? I'm wondering if you'd sell two pairs separately if you had two buyers and ship to Hawaii. :mellow 1:

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would these work on the MS3 wheels? I'm wondering if you'd sell two pairs separately if you had two buyers and ship to Hawaii. :mellow 1:
I'd rather sell them as a complete set of four... of course, it depends on the level of interest. Basically, I priced them so that if you want a new set, pay another $25 and get two more - that way you can space all four wheels. They were on my car for one week. All the hardware is there and the mounting bolts look new.

Since these are small and relatively light, I don't see any reason to not ship to Hawaii if the buyer is willing to pay.

They should also work on MS3 wheels. The MS3 has the same bolt pattern, bore, and thread as the MZ3. I used them with my 5Zigens to get an idea of what a lower offset would look like. I ran a hubcentric ring with those since the 5Zigens have a larger bore than the stock wheels.

·
Go Fast
222 Posts
$160 + shipping (to anywhere within the continental U.S.)

- Four spacers w/ hardware included
- Excellent condition
- Part no. WS-5511467A
- Purchased from Amazon for $243; you save $80!

Box states they’re for a Mitsubishi, but part number matches Mazda3 from Ichiba’s website – I presume this spacer fits various cars with 5/114.3 bolt pattern, 67.1mm bore, and 12x1.5 thread.

Since these are bolt on, the factory studs will protrude, please make certain your wheels have gaps on each side of mounting hole (see pics on Ichiba’s website – link below).

Spacer info: 15MM Aluminum Bolt-On Wheel Spacers

I take PayPal; however, if you pay with a credit card, please add 1.45% to the total (I’ll split the 2.9% credit card fee with you). Buyer pays shipping. I’ll ship to you within one business day of receiving payment and send via UPS ground (tracking number provided to you upon shipping).
Please PM me with any questions.
Thanks,
Paul
This is a great deal - I know I dig mine. Good on ya for sharing. :thumbup1 1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you post some pictures of your car when you had these wheel spacers on? Will these fit on the Stock HB MS3 wheels?

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted some pics here:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...what-did-u-do-your-3-today-268.html#post75197 (if the link doesn't work, the pics are on pg 268 of the "What did you do to your 3 today" thread.

They should also work on MS3 wheels. The MS3 has the same bolt pattern, bore, and thread as the MZ3. I would double-check to make certain there are gaps between the mounting holes on the stock wheels so that the wheel sits flush against the spacer. I'm fairly certain it will fit flush, but double-check. Checkout the pics on Ichiba's website for what the back of the wheel should look like:

http://www.ichibausa.com/15albowhsp4.html

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would love to scoop these up but I'm cash poor right now. If they're still available mid January I'll probably take them off your hands

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
I posted some pics here:
They should also work on MS3 wheels. The MS3 has the same bolt pattern, bore, and thread as the MZ3. I would double-check to make certain there are gaps between the mounting holes on the stock wheels so that the wheel sits flush against the spacer. I'm fairly certain it will fit flush, but double-check.
This is wrong! I bought the same spacers from Ichiba, and they do not work, with the stock MS3 wheels, without modification to the wheel studs. The stock wheel studs stick out too far, and don't allow the wheel to sit flush against the spacer.

What I did to make them work was I first ordered a complete replacement set of wheel studs from Mazda, just in case things didn't work out, and then I took my dremmel tool and cut about 7 threads off the stock wheel studs. Doing this worked perfectly, the wheels sit flush, I've had the spacers on for close to 1000 miles now without a problem, 15mm spacers are the widest you can go without having to roll your fenders (so no rubbing issues and I'm lowered on H&R and Koni Sports), and it looks great!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Bump for a good deal. These work fine on the 17' MZ3 alloy wheels. The recess depth need for the bolts to clear is 12mm. The stock alloys have a recess depth of 16.5mm. So they work with room to spare . No need to cut anything if you install these.

Attachments

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Bump for a good deal. These work fine on the 17' MZ3 alloy wheels. The recess depth need for the bolts to clear is 12mm. The stock alloys have a recess depth of 16.5mm. So they work with room to spare . No need to cut anything if you install these.
Yes, that is correct, they probably will fit the MZ3 wheels just fine; however, the question was asked if they would work with the MS3 wheels (which are different than the MZ3 wheels), and 15mm spacers will not work with the stock MS3 wheels without cutting.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
My post had nothing to do with your post. Just wanted people to know that these work fine with Stock Mz3 wheels. But now that you mention it. Why did you cut all the threads off the stock studs right down to the bolts that hold the spacers on. The speed wheels must have some kind of recess. Maybe they don't have the full 12mm that you need but they can't be flat in the back of the wheel hub? Your stuck with spacers forever unless you press out all ten stock studs.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
My post had nothing to do with your post. Just wanted people to know that these work fine with Stock Mz3 wheels. But now that you mention it. Why did you cut all the threads off the stock studs right down to the bolts that hold the spacers on. The speed wheels must have some kind of recess. Maybe they don't have the full 12mm that you need but they can't be flat in the back of the wheel hub? Your stuck with spacers forever unless you press out all ten stock studs.
I didn't cut all the threads off, I only cut as much as I needed to in order for the wheels to sit flush against the spacer (which ended up being about 7 threads from each bolt). There is a recess on the MS3 wheels, I didn't measure it, but it's not deep enough... I wouldn't just have cut my wheel studs just to cut them.

And yes, I'm basically stuck with the spacers... But I bought all new factory replacement studs before I cut the originals down, just in case things didn't work out... And I don't foresee any reason I'd need to take the spacers off, I like how it looks, I'm not getting new wheels, and as long as I don't get wider tires, I'll be good.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Mazdaspeeds must have longer studs than MZ3's in the rear because if I cut seven theads off my studs they would be flush with the nuts that Ichiba supplies with the spacers. Untill someone says the recesses on the Mazdaspeed wheels are less than 12mm deep then 15mm spacers and Mazdaspeed wheels work on a MZ3 without altering the stock studs. I don't mind being wrong. Can you take a pic of the recesses in the Mazdaspeed wheels. I might be putting my spacers up for sale soon and by not having these fit MS3 wheels cuts about half the people out that might be interested.

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
This is wrong! I bought the same spacers from Ichiba, and they do not work, with the stock MS3 wheels, without modification to the wheel studs. The stock wheel studs stick out too far, and don't allow the wheel to sit flush against the spacer.
I did qualify my "should" statement with the suggestion of double-checking. My original post also suggested checking Ichiba's website to make sure the wheels to be used would fit flush. Although I have a set of MS3 wheels, I only used the spacers with my 5Zigens. I do appreciate you bringing attention to this, however.

@Warlord - I pulled one of my MS3 wheels out of the box... sure enough, there is not enough clearance in the gap to accomodate the stock studs protruding through the spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Ok, so at least it's proved out with a pic. Damn, those are shallow recesses. At least we know the spacers fit the MZ 17" stockers. Glad you sold them too. Mytetuf, glad you brought this to everyone's attention. Peace out!!!!

Reactions: myt_tuf1
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.