2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these off my brand new 2012 MazdaSpeed 3 with 300 miles on them. Ultra High Performance Summer tires are for driving enthusiasts who want a combination of a performance appearance, crisp handling and Z-speed rated (or higher) durability along with dry and wet traction.

These are a steal at $720 because they go for about $1,000 new. Tirerack has them for $997.60 and Discount Tire Direct has them for $1,019.08. Tires are located in Leesburg, VA 20176

High Resolution Pictures

·
Registered
383 Posts
you might want to make this or best offer. I have the exact same thing and have not been offered anything close to what you are asking. Look around to see what other people are asking. There are alot of these being sold to reference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your input.
you might want to make this or best offer. I have the exact same thing and have not been offered anything close to what you are asking. Look around to see what other people are asking. There are alot of these being sold to reference.

·
Registered
383 Posts
No problem man. If you could find someone local offering the same as sjsujdm i would take it. The shipping would kill his offer but most of these sell for around that price. I have a set that i am trying to sell and i have a buyer lined up that will pay 400 and i have seen a set go for 200. As much as you might hate it, i would throw them up on craigslist

·
Registered
383 Posts
oh well either way you were right. That is what most people will spend on these.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, price is a bit high. I know a local who might want these though. I'll let him know. I paid 400 shipped recently for a set with a little over 1k miles. All 4 tires still measure 9/32nds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your comment and effort. The price is negotiable so if anyone is interested, make me a reasonable offer.
Yeah, price is a bit high. I know a local who might want these though. I'll let him know. I paid 400 shipped recently for a set with a little over 1k miles. All 4 tires still measure 9/32nds.

·
Flying M vet
41 Posts
while I completely understand that the retail price of those particular tires is around 250 a piece they are not worth that to me. The highest rated ultra high performance tires in 225/40/18 seem to be either the firestone firehawk oval indy 500's ($121 a tire), the Bridgestone Potenza RE760 sports ($154 a tire), or the yokohoma Sdrives ($146 a tire), depending on who you ask. Heck, the Dunlop Direzza's are better tires then the 2050's, same manufacturer, quieter, wear better, better dry and wet performance and they are $138 a tire. Your tires are OE tires, which are typically more expensive for that reason only. Not because they are the best at what they do for you. I don't know ANY speed owners that purchased a set for their cars after the fact.....because they are good, but not great....especially at that price. I've been contemplating purchasing the Firestones as finding the Fuzions is difficult and the 1 place that has them in stock is in Florida, I can't get them shipped for "free" from there.

Let me know what your bottom dollar is on them. From the tone of things you seem pretty set on trying to obtain close to retail for them. They are not worth anywhere near that to me...there are just plain better options/tires out there for way less. Hopefully I did not offend you with any of this, not the intent. If I don't hear back from you then good luck with your sale.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.