·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pictures
Mz3 muffler delete y pipe burnt tips - Album on Imgur

Video
https://youtu.be/6RYyBhGV_xY

I actually just got this done but for some reason I could do without it and would be willing to sell it to someone who would enjoy the noise more than I do. I had it custom made: steel y-pipe and 3.5" outlet burnt exhaust tips, fastened by a 2 bolt flange that acts like a bolt on exhaust. Direct fit and replacement for the 3rd gen Mz3's. This is a good option for those who can't pay $500+ for a real exhaust and just want plain loud sound.

It's more on the deep side of tone, while having a little bit of throatiness at low rpms, but gets blatty past 3k rpm. With the windows rolled up, it isn't totally loud and droning, but it is lowkey there. Most of the nice sounds it makes are at lower rpms, but around 4k seems to not be so loud. Those in my car club at university say it actually sounds good and has a nice deep tone surprisingly. It's definitely not a Honda sound.

I paid $285 total for this. I'm asking $170 local pickup only in San Diego or Irvine, $200 meet up at LA.

EDIT: I polished off the burnt tip, so now it's near chrome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Would you consider shipping?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you will ship it to denmark i will take it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dropped the price to $170.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you say it gets obnoxiously loud? Any way to get a dB noise level measurement?
Can't get you a noise level, but it can get obnoxious especially if you're more used to refined sounds from Magnaflow, Greddy, or Invidia type exhausts. It's much louder than stock, I'd say 5x louder. Probably most obnoxious when flooring it from a stop.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still have this if anyone's interested. I polished off the blue burnt tips so it's basically just chrome now. Open to offers, but cannot ship. Local meet up in San Diego or possibly Irvine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much are you selling them for?
Also, is there noticeable torque loss at lower rpms?
If buyer picks it up, $160. $180 if I have to drive to Irvine/OC area.

I went back to stock for a short amount of time and put it back, and the torque loss seems minimal to me. You get used to the difference if it seems noticeable in the beginning.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interested in buying, I live near Fresno California, how far are you willing to go for $200?
Fresno is too far. LA would be the absolute farthest I'd go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts