2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so it is time to sell my exhaust system. First off im not selling it by choice i love it and i sounds awesome. Im selling it because i am going to start commuting more and i rather optimize MPG. So that being said. The exhaust system is complete with racepipe sorry pics are not that good.

Now what i did is actually i took the racepipe off and put in my own stock cat. I bought the exhaust with the racepipe on already and i decided to not have it on just personal preference.

So i am looking to sell the whole system for 450$, now you will either have to have a local exhaust shop weld on your stock cat or the racepipe what ever you prefer. I went to a local exhaust shop to have them weld my stock cat in place of the racepipe.

It is currently still on my car, i will take it off as soon as i get the sale or a deposit of some sort from the buyer
and we could arrange a time and day for pick up or deliver

Im looking to sell local only, im located in so cal hour north of la area hour south of SD.

PM me with any questions

Attachments

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I want to dude but did you cut the racepipe off?
I'm confused too. It seems like the racepipe is cut so this isn't bolt-on. It still needs to be welded behind the stock cat or have a new flange welded in so it bolts up to the stock manifold? Can you please confirm?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I'm confused too. It seems like the racepipe is cut so this isn't bolt-on. It still needs to be welded behind the stock cat or have a new flange welded in so it bolts up to the stock manifold? Can you please confirm?
NVM didn't fully read as well LOL

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Racepipe doesn't require cutting it's all bolt on and goes on to the header removing the second cat. If you didnt have the racepipe then cutting would be involved because the high flow cat is larger and requires some modification.
Yes this is true. But, OP seems like removed racepipe and welded on stock cat from his car now is selling in two separate pieces.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the racepipe came welded on. I put whole setup on my car, then decided to take racepipe off and replace with stock cat from oem exhaust. Local exhaust shop cut and welded it on for a cheap price. So as said u either have to weld racepipe on or stock cat from your oem exhausst your choice. I did not like the racepipe sound thats why i did it. just personal preference

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for confusing guys. hope i explained better. All u need to to do is weld 1 of the 2 racepipe if wanted or stock cat. Thats it no flanges or anything needed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.