2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car 2 weeks ago and the guy told me they would tint them for 160 but only the rears because they need to follow the IL laws. Fair enough.

I went back yesterday cuz someone i know was getting a new 3 and wanted me to see it and i stopped in and asked on a price for the cargo tray and the tinting and they told me 320 for all 5 windows. I was like i thought you dont do them because its illegal and he said that congress is signing a new law that looks to be passed this week or next that allows it so they are now doing them.

I looked it up and it appears to be true!

Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB3325

I bet this might be of interest to anyone who lives in Illinois. Anyways, does anyone have pictures of a black 4 door 3 with 35% all around, or 35% in front and 20-25% on the rears? I cant seem to be able to find one. I want to see what looks best on my car before i go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Where are you at in Illinois? Do you know if there will be any difference within Chicago city limits?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the northwest burbs. I drive into the city several times a week though. The law should extend for the whole state, so Chicago would be included (i think).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Since it is in the state legislature and going to the govenor for signature, I'd say it's a state law.

One thing I noticed is that it appears that you can have a very light tint on the front windows (50% or higher) and then darker (no darker than 35%) on the rear. I could live with that as I'm going to tint to reduce heat rather than going for a certain look.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'm just curious because some jurisdictions will have amendments to state laws. It always seems that Chicago has different rules than the rest of the state. It doesn't matter too much to me, I technically don't live in the city, I was more or less wondering since I'm there frequently.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'm just curious because some jurisdictions will have amendments to state laws. It always seems that Chicago has different rules than the rest of the state. It doesn't matter too much to me, I technically don't live in the city, I was more or less wondering since I'm there frequently.
Don't you just love Chicago! Always wanting to be different...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Don't you just love Chicago! Always wanting to be different...
I do love Chicago, but their differences aren't always good!

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
I bought my car 2 weeks ago and the guy told me they would tint them for 160 but only the rears because they need to follow the IL laws. Fair enough.

I went back yesterday cuz someone i know was getting a new 3 and wanted me to see it and i stopped in and asked on a price for the cargo tray and the tinting and they told me 320 for all 5 windows. I was like i thought you dont do them because its illegal and he said that congress is signing a new law that looks to be passed this week or next that allows it so they are now doing them.

I looked it up and it appears to be true!

Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB3325

I bet this might be of interest to anyone who lives in Illinois. Anyways, does anyone have pictures of a black 4 door 3 with 35% all around, or 35% in front and 20-25% on the rears? I cant seem to be able to find one. I want to see what looks best on my car before i go ahead and do it.
holy crap, tinting up there's expensive! it only cost me $120 to do 35% all around. and there're 7 windows, not 5 (if you count those little triangles near in the back). and people down here complain about out 35% law... haha.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my car is black with 20% sunstrip, 20 % front 2 windows. and 5% rear windows. heres a pic
Can you post another pic of the car with the sun strip?

I'm thinking of 35% front and sun strip, and 20% in back. There arent many tinted pics of the 2010 black 3 yet that i can find. Also is it blended in or is it a solid line across the bottom of the film on the sun strip?

·
Registered
275 Posts
When I had my windows tinted in May, the guy doing the tint told me there had be some groups meeting with the government to try and change the current law. I'm glad to hear I'll be fully legal soon. Anyway, here is a pic of my car at the tinters. It is 35% on all 5 windows.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I had my windows tinted in May, the guy doing the tint told me there had be some groups meeting with the government to try and change the current law. I'm glad to hear I'll be fully legal soon. Anyway, here is a pic of my car at the tinters. It is 35% on all 5 windows.
I think thats what im going to do on my black 4 door. I think its light enough to look sophisticated but not dark enough to look gangsta.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It came out really nice. By the way what rims and tires are you sportn' ?
I was going to ask the same question about the rims...brand, size, cost?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts