2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Suspension Noise w/ Video

Recently i have noticed an anusual noise coming from the front suspension.

I took the car to the dealership, they replaced both front calipers but after only 300 quilometers the noise is back!

What do you think?

::: Mazda 3 BM January 2018, 1,5 skyactive-g 100hp made in Mexico. 8000 quilometers.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
That video was a waste. Punching a tire sounds that way on all cars. Does it make unusual sounds when you are driving it?
If not then forget about it. If so is it from front wheels? If so from both or just one side? Sound all the time or just over bumps? You need to be more specific about the noise if you want help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This noise was enough for the dealership to replace both front calipers in warranty, they said that the calipers were loose.

I ear the noise every time i drive through a bump, a rough road, exiting my garage. It comes mostly from the right side.

·
Registered
Mazda3 BM Sedan 2.0 Skyactiv-G 120HP
21 Posts
hello! I had that on my Mazda3 BM. the technician of my dealership told me he would install an o-ring of sorts in order to tighten the calipers to the brake pads. the noise happens because these parts get loose and when they hit each other while driving (particularly when turning fully the wheels) they make this bell-like noise coming from the tires.. take all this with a grain of salt as I'm not a petrolhead myself and may be confusing things AND my technician wasn't never entirely clear on what he exactly would modify.. what's more, at least 4 years have pased since (but the problem never returned I must say)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same issue in my 2018 Mazda 3 GT, took it to the dealership and fixed it... they told me that they just lubricated the calipers and tightened them... It's been just a couple of weeks and the noises are gone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PROBLEM SOLVED! (Until when?!)

Replacement under warranty of the pin boots from both front brake calipers.

This repair was made according to a TSB (Technical Service bulletin) dated 2018.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts