2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized I posted that in the speed section. Sorry for the double post but my issue is on a regular 3...

I had the transmission mount replaced last week, this solved an annoying creaking noise.

However, today a scary noise came from the lower front. What started over the weekend as a barely perceptible noise just got to a scary level so that I decided to drive it directly to dealer. It happens at any speed but mainly under decelaration, little letting the car slow down to a red light. It does toc toc toc toc...like a "revolving" noise.

I could easily replicate the noise in the dealer parking lot with a tech inside the car, 1st gear then release gas and then toc..toc toc.. The guy said, "oh that is a violent metal to metal noise", but they are clue less on the source. They checked the TM again but it was 5pm and end of their shift, they will look at it tomorrow.

I told them about the subframe bushing, but I could read in their face "what is he talking about". Anyway, I will see what they have to say tomorrow, but I'm getting really tired of this MZ3 with 15k miles on it

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. Please let us know what they say it is, never heard about it before.

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back from the dealer with my car. The sound is gone. They find out this was a loose wheel :shocked:

I had my summer tires installed last week at the same time they did my oil change and tranny mount, seems like one the wheels was not torqued.:argh 1: Since english is not my first language, that would be very difficult for me to accurately translate all the shit I gave them and obviously not appropriate on this forum. Anyway!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well, glad to hear they found it, hope it didn't cause any damage to your wheel or hub. I'd be frigging pissed too.

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortunately no damage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts